Mar 1, 2010, 10:45 PM EDT
LeBron James is good to his word.
James said earlier in the season that he would change his number (#23) out of respect for Michael Jordan after he entered the Hall of Fame. Tonight Brian Windhorst reports that James has filed for that change to be effective next season.
James is switching to #6, which was his Olympic number and the day his first son was born.
James won’t benefit directly from the sales, but it does kind of suck for the millions and millions of Cleveland fans that bought his #23 jersey. Of course, it won’t be as big of a problem if it’s for a different city…
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0