Mar 1, 2010, 10:45 PM EST
LeBron James is good to his word.
James said earlier in the season that he would change his number (#23) out of respect for Michael Jordan after he entered the Hall of Fame. Tonight Brian Windhorst reports that James has filed for that change to be effective next season.
James is switching to #6, which was his Olympic number and the day his first son was born.
James won’t benefit directly from the sales, but it does kind of suck for the millions and millions of Cleveland fans that bought his #23 jersey. Of course, it won’t be as big of a problem if it’s for a different city…
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16