Mar 1, 2010, 10:45 PM EDT
LeBron James is good to his word.
James said earlier in the season that he would change his number (#23) out of respect for Michael Jordan after he entered the Hall of Fame. Tonight Brian Windhorst reports that James has filed for that change to be effective next season.
James is switching to #6, which was his Olympic number and the day his first son was born.
James won’t benefit directly from the sales, but it does kind of suck for the millions and millions of Cleveland fans that bought his #23 jersey. Of course, it won’t be as big of a problem if it’s for a different city…
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 30
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40