Mar 1, 2010, 3:53 PM EST
Allen Iverson was not with the Philadelphia 76ers this weekend. He was not at home either, but rather at a club and event in Charlotte. Sports by Brooks has the twitter and other evidence.
Iverson remains on leave from the Sixers to deal with the undiagnosed illness of his four-year-old daughter. Through all the time off and the questions, Iverson has talked about his family being first.
Let’s not go overboard — Iverson was attending the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) weekend event because of the creation of the CIAA Allen Iverson Scholarship Endowment. That is a big deal, a worthy cause and a good reason to make an appearance.
But the perception is not good, that he was out at a club rather than by the bed of his sick daughter. As Iverson has found out a lot through his career, perception is its own reality (and one completely separate from the truth).
Before Friday night’s game in Los Angeles, Sixers coach Eddie Jordan was asked about Iverson.
“We’re not really concerned about him right now, we want him to be concerned about his family,” Jordan said. He and the others with the Sixers said they would deal more with Iverson after their West Coast swing was over.
He wasn’t at practice on Monday, as the team got back after it following their West Coast swing. He will not play tonight against Orlando. Look for some kind of decision in the coming days on Iverson’s future with the next few days.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 23
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 26
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (52)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)