Mar 1, 2010, 3:53 PM EDT
Allen Iverson was not with the Philadelphia 76ers this weekend. He was not at home either, but rather at a club and event in Charlotte. Sports by Brooks has the twitter and other evidence.
Iverson remains on leave from the Sixers to deal with the undiagnosed illness of his four-year-old daughter. Through all the time off and the questions, Iverson has talked about his family being first.
Let’s not go overboard — Iverson was attending the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) weekend event because of the creation of the CIAA Allen Iverson Scholarship Endowment. That is a big deal, a worthy cause and a good reason to make an appearance.
But the perception is not good, that he was out at a club rather than by the bed of his sick daughter. As Iverson has found out a lot through his career, perception is its own reality (and one completely separate from the truth).
Before Friday night’s game in Los Angeles, Sixers coach Eddie Jordan was asked about Iverson.
“We’re not really concerned about him right now, we want him to be concerned about his family,” Jordan said. He and the others with the Sixers said they would deal more with Iverson after their West Coast swing was over.
He wasn’t at practice on Monday, as the team got back after it following their West Coast swing. He will not play tonight against Orlando. Look for some kind of decision in the coming days on Iverson’s future with the next few days.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 2
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4