Mar 1, 2010, 8:35 PM EDT
UPDATE 8:55 pm: Rose checked back into the game. and has looked like nothing went wrong since his return.
8:35 pm: In the first quarter of the Bulls game against the Hawks, Chicago’s Derrick Rose appeared to bang knees with Mike Bibby and went to the ground, eventually going to the locker room.
As of now there are no reports on how serious it was.
Rose bruised the same knee on Saturday but was improved and playing through it. It is possible this is a simple aggravation of that injury. He was able to gingerly walk off under his own power.
Bibby can now add Chicago to the lengthy list of cities where the opposing fans hate him.
We will update this story as we get information.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29