Feb 28, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
The Cavs have released a statement concerning the health of injured center Shaquille O’Neal:
“Cavaliers center Shaquille O’Neal underwent evaluation, including a”MRI, at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health late Saturday afternoon upon the team’s return from Toronto, the results of which confirmed a significant sprain to his right thumb. He will travel with Cavaliers Head Team Physician Dr. Richard Parker today for additional evaluation by Dr. Thomas Graham at the National Hand Center in Baltimore, Maryland. His status will be updated following that exam as appropriate. His game status remains Out and no time table for his return to play has been established yet.”
First off, there’s a National Hand Center? Is J.P. Prewitt getting help there?
This is sounding more and more like something severe, which would be a significant blow to the Cavs’ hopes of maintaining the top seed in the East. If he needs surgery, the impact could be even greater. We’ll keep you updated on Shaq’s status and any developments.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29