Feb 28, 2010, 12:29 PM EST
The Cavs have released a statement concerning the health of injured center Shaquille O’Neal:
“Cavaliers center Shaquille O’Neal underwent evaluation, including a”MRI, at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health late Saturday afternoon upon the team’s return from Toronto, the results of which confirmed a significant sprain to his right thumb. He will travel with Cavaliers Head Team Physician Dr. Richard Parker today for additional evaluation by Dr. Thomas Graham at the National Hand Center in Baltimore, Maryland. His status will be updated following that exam as appropriate. His game status remains Out and no time table for his return to play has been established yet.”
First off, there’s a National Hand Center? Is J.P. Prewitt getting help there?
This is sounding more and more like something severe, which would be a significant blow to the Cavs’ hopes of maintaining the top seed in the East. If he needs surgery, the impact could be even greater. We’ll keep you updated on Shaq’s status and any developments.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10