Feb 28, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
The Cavs have released a statement concerning the health of injured center Shaquille O’Neal:
“Cavaliers center Shaquille O’Neal underwent evaluation, including a”MRI, at Cleveland Clinic Sports Health late Saturday afternoon upon the team’s return from Toronto, the results of which confirmed a significant sprain to his right thumb. He will travel with Cavaliers Head Team Physician Dr. Richard Parker today for additional evaluation by Dr. Thomas Graham at the National Hand Center in Baltimore, Maryland. His status will be updated following that exam as appropriate. His game status remains Out and no time table for his return to play has been established yet.”
First off, there’s a National Hand Center? Is J.P. Prewitt getting help there?
This is sounding more and more like something severe, which would be a significant blow to the Cavs’ hopes of maintaining the top seed in the East. If he needs surgery, the impact could be even greater. We’ll keep you updated on Shaq’s status and any developments.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19