Feb 27, 2010, 10:09 AM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman’s Tweet confirms the bummer for Heat fans. Dwyane Wade will miss Saturday’s game against the Bucks with his injured calf, and Sunday is “iffy.”
It will be the fourth game Wade has missed with this injury, and the Heat are 1-2 without the man they call Flash. What’s worse, the team finds itself on the precipice of being out of the playoffs in a suddenly competitive middle-Eastern-Conference. Charlotte just had their ownership issues resolved in a way that won’t disrupt anything with the team, and the Bucks are surging.
If Wade doesn’t get back soon, the Heat could find themselves in the lottery, which would undoubtedly impact the decision of you-know-who.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18