Feb 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EST
Can we interest you in a formality? Perhaps a stock, canned statement from the league pertaining to a fairly obvious development in a predictable process? It’ll go lovely on the mantle next to that Razorback bobblehead of your father’s. Yes, we do deliver.
Commissioner Stern has released a statement regarding Michael Jordan’s purchase (along with investors) of majority share of the Charlotte Bobcats. And it’s a page-turner, let me tell you.
“We have been anticipating an agreement for transfer of a majority interest in the Bobcats and are pleased it has occurred. Bob Johnson brought the excitement of the NBA back to Charlotte and I am certain that as Michael Jordan returns to his home state as the principal owner of the Bobcats the team will continue its growth as a success on the court, as a business success and as a valued community asset. We expect the expedited approval process to be completed by the end of next month.”
Thanks, Bob, but really, I’m pretty excited that the biggest star my sport has ever seen is now a larger part of the ownership group. This means I won’t have a team folding on my watch and maybe finally I can make some headway in the basketball-minded Carolina market. Stern should have just issued the following statement.
“Sweet. Cool beans. Check ya later.”
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42