Feb 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EST
Can we interest you in a formality? Perhaps a stock, canned statement from the league pertaining to a fairly obvious development in a predictable process? It’ll go lovely on the mantle next to that Razorback bobblehead of your father’s. Yes, we do deliver.
Commissioner Stern has released a statement regarding Michael Jordan’s purchase (along with investors) of majority share of the Charlotte Bobcats. And it’s a page-turner, let me tell you.
“We have been anticipating an agreement for transfer of a majority interest in the Bobcats and are pleased it has occurred. Bob Johnson brought the excitement of the NBA back to Charlotte and I am certain that as Michael Jordan returns to his home state as the principal owner of the Bobcats the team will continue its growth as a success on the court, as a business success and as a valued community asset. We expect the expedited approval process to be completed by the end of next month.”
Thanks, Bob, but really, I’m pretty excited that the biggest star my sport has ever seen is now a larger part of the ownership group. This means I won’t have a team folding on my watch and maybe finally I can make some headway in the basketball-minded Carolina market. Stern should have just issued the following statement.
“Sweet. Cool beans. Check ya later.”
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 15
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 2
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 16
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)