Feb 27, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Stephon Curry has had himself quite the month. 21 points, 5.4 rebounds, 7.6 assists, 1.6 steals. Wow! He’s played so well in fact, that some are starting to say he deserves some run for Rookie of the Year.
Which is kind of like saying OK Go deserves consideration for a lifetime achievement award. Nice run, but um, let’s wait to see how the career plays out, no?
Luckily, Kings blog Sactown Royalty is here to set us straight. They break down the performance of the top rookies in the league over the last month and over the whole year. The results paint a tight race.
This contest may come down to the last two months and how Carl Landry fits into the mix. Evans is working with a younger, worse core than Curry, even though the Dubs are a joke themselves. Evans took it to Deron Williams last night in Utah to get it started again.
Then again, Curry is playing at another level as of late, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Curry drop some big numbers as the race continues. He operates in a system which allows him to tally up terrific numbers while the losses keep piling up. Should be a good race to the finis for Rookie of the Year.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 12
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 11
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 33
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games