Feb 27, 2010, 4:57 PM EDT
Stephon Curry has had himself quite the month. 21 points, 5.4 rebounds, 7.6 assists, 1.6 steals. Wow! He’s played so well in fact, that some are starting to say he deserves some run for Rookie of the Year.
Which is kind of like saying OK Go deserves consideration for a lifetime achievement award. Nice run, but um, let’s wait to see how the career plays out, no?
Luckily, Kings blog Sactown Royalty is here to set us straight. They break down the performance of the top rookies in the league over the last month and over the whole year. The results paint a tight race.
This contest may come down to the last two months and how Carl Landry fits into the mix. Evans is working with a younger, worse core than Curry, even though the Dubs are a joke themselves. Evans took it to Deron Williams last night in Utah to get it started again.
Then again, Curry is playing at another level as of late, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see Curry drop some big numbers as the race continues. He operates in a system which allows him to tally up terrific numbers while the losses keep piling up. Should be a good race to the finis for Rookie of the Year.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 19