Feb 27, 2010, 3:16 PM EDT
Joakim Noah keeps trying to overcome his plantar fasciitis, one of the most painful, debilitating injuries in the NBA, and the injury keeps winning.
Noah played 27 minutes in the Bulls’ overtime win over the Blazers, but came down and hurt his foot again drawing a foul in the extra session. Post-game, the Bulls announced Noah would not be traveling with the team to Indiana.
Plantar fasciitis is painful, but not restricting. As in, you can play through it, it just hurts like hell. And it only gets better with long-term rest. Which is kind of difficult in March when you’re jockeying for playoff position in the midst of an 82 game season before a long playoff march. It’s such a shame because Noah was playing so well before the condition developed.
Noah was limited even before he came down on it wrong. He was completely dominated on a putback by Lamarcus Aldridge after a Brandon Roy missed free throw, which helped lead to the Blazers forcing overtime. It’s a difficult injury to play with, to live with, and for coaches to manage. The Bulls will have to find a way, though, with as much as they need Noah.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?