Feb 27, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
George Postolos’ bid to become an NBA owner was foiled late last night as Michael Jordan rallied investors to become majority owner. But that doesn’t mean the Texas businessman (and former Rockets CEO) is done with his ownership pursuits.
In a statement to the pres (via the Charlotte Observer), Postolos said:
“I remain committed to becoming an NBA owner, and I’m
glad that Michael will continue to bring his talent to the sport and
So even with Charlotte locked up, Postolos may become involved in other ownership opportunities, which given the economic environment, may be plentiful. Postolos has already shown a willingness to invest in smaller markets. With teams like Milwaukee and others bleeding money, there will be opportunities. And if Postolos is willing to keep the team in its current location, situations like Memphis (with its considerable penalties for breaking a lease with Memphis’ arena, FedEx Forum) may come available.
Keep your eye on the Postolos group as the ownership situation in the NBA continues to fluctuate.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final