Feb 27, 2010, 8:35 AM EDT
Andrew Bogut has been thought of as a nice player for a couple of years. A big man with touch, but who suffered on a poor team and lacked the necessary components to be part of a winning formula. This year, all that’s changing. Bogut’s points are up significantly (16.2 from 11.7), and he’s averaging a double double. But it’s on the defensive end that Bogut is really making an impact.
BrewHoop clues us in on the fact that according to HoopData.com, Bogut is a league leader in what they term “defensive plays,” which are steals, charges, and blocks combined. Bogut’s long been considered an elite “flopper” known for being able to draw charges, but this season his blocking ability has skyrocketed.
With Luke Ridnour and Brandon Jennings playing at such a high level, and flanked by capable wing defenders, the Bucks have become one of the league leaders in defensive efficiency. More importantly, the Bucks are now the seventh seed in the East, and on a roll after a January slump. If the Bucks continue to improve, Bogut’s going to find himself talked about even more.
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 0
- Report: Tony Parker got death threats during Game 1 7
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 13
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 17
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay