Feb 27, 2010, 8:35 AM EST
Andrew Bogut has been thought of as a nice player for a couple of years. A big man with touch, but who suffered on a poor team and lacked the necessary components to be part of a winning formula. This year, all that’s changing. Bogut’s points are up significantly (16.2 from 11.7), and he’s averaging a double double. But it’s on the defensive end that Bogut is really making an impact.
BrewHoop clues us in on the fact that according to HoopData.com, Bogut is a league leader in what they term “defensive plays,” which are steals, charges, and blocks combined. Bogut’s long been considered an elite “flopper” known for being able to draw charges, but this season his blocking ability has skyrocketed.
With Luke Ridnour and Brandon Jennings playing at such a high level, and flanked by capable wing defenders, the Bucks have become one of the league leaders in defensive efficiency. More importantly, the Bucks are now the seventh seed in the East, and on a roll after a January slump. If the Bucks continue to improve, Bogut’s going to find himself talked about even more.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 17
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 34
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19