Feb 26, 2010, 2:57 PM EDT
Shaun Livingston — the former number four pick overall and owner of the most horrific knee injury in NBA history — is getting another chance.
The Washington Wizards have picked up Livingston on a 10-day contract according to the Washington Posts’s amazing Michael Lee’s twitter account. Livingston started the season with the Thunder but could not crack their already-strong guard rotation, so he was let go.
Lee also notes that the Wizards are becoming the Clippers east: Al Thornton, Quinton Ross, James Singleton and Earl Boykins are all former Clippers. And Sam Cassell is a Wizards assistant coach.
If you were looking for a team to poach players from a team, wouldn’t the Clippers be your first choice? I mean, with that track record of draft success what could go wrong?
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38