Feb 24, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
Rudy Fernandez had a tough time in Portland after a great rookie season. He’s battled injuries and all the adversity the team as a whole has faced, but his larger problem is that Kevin Pritchard stocked the cabinet too full. When you have a roster chock-full of guys who warrant full-time or at least significant minutes, you’re going to have some difficulty in keeping everyone happy.
Fernandez doesn’t say at any point that he wants to return to Spain to play for Real Madrid, and Real Madrid is considered very pro-Real in some circles. But the implication is there that A. Fernandez is unhappy with his relationship with head coach Nate McMillan and B. he’s ‘open’ to any option.
Fernandez has a guaranteed contract through 2011, so getting back to the home country would be a tricky trap to spring. You do have to wonder, though, how this whole thing will play out and what the Blazers’ roster will look like in six months, when six months ago it seemed so rock solid.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18