Feb 24, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
Rudy Fernandez had a tough time in Portland after a great rookie season. He’s battled injuries and all the adversity the team as a whole has faced, but his larger problem is that Kevin Pritchard stocked the cabinet too full. When you have a roster chock-full of guys who warrant full-time or at least significant minutes, you’re going to have some difficulty in keeping everyone happy.
Fernandez doesn’t say at any point that he wants to return to Spain to play for Real Madrid, and Real Madrid is considered very pro-Real in some circles. But the implication is there that A. Fernandez is unhappy with his relationship with head coach Nate McMillan and B. he’s ‘open’ to any option.
Fernandez has a guaranteed contract through 2011, so getting back to the home country would be a tricky trap to spring. You do have to wonder, though, how this whole thing will play out and what the Blazers’ roster will look like in six months, when six months ago it seemed so rock solid.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10