Feb 24, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
What did the Trail Blazers do to offend the basketball gods?
Is there really any other explanation for what has befallen Portland big men this season. Greg Oden? Out. Joel Przybilla? Out.
Marcus Camby? Out for now. He sprained his ankle five minutes into the team’s win over New Jersey on Tuesday and did not return to the floor. He described himself as “very doubtful” for tonight in Toronto.
The good news is the X-rays were negative, so Camby can return when his injury heals. Juwan Howard will be forced back into duty as an undersized center (technically Camby is an undersized center, too, but he’s closer to the role).
But if I were Camby, or any other Blazer center, I’d get an extra level of medical insurance before I stepped out on the court.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6