Feb 24, 2010, 9:46 AM EST
What did the Trail Blazers do to offend the basketball gods?
Is there really any other explanation for what has befallen Portland big men this season. Greg Oden? Out. Joel Przybilla? Out.
Marcus Camby? Out for now. He sprained his ankle five minutes into the team’s win over New Jersey on Tuesday and did not return to the floor. He described himself as “very doubtful” for tonight in Toronto.
The good news is the X-rays were negative, so Camby can return when his injury heals. Juwan Howard will be forced back into duty as an undersized center (technically Camby is an undersized center, too, but he’s closer to the role).
But if I were Camby, or any other Blazer center, I’d get an extra level of medical insurance before I stepped out on the court.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 0
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 31
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31