Feb 24, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
What did the Trail Blazers do to offend the basketball gods?
Is there really any other explanation for what has befallen Portland big men this season. Greg Oden? Out. Joel Przybilla? Out.
Marcus Camby? Out for now. He sprained his ankle five minutes into the team’s win over New Jersey on Tuesday and did not return to the floor. He described himself as “very doubtful” for tonight in Toronto.
The good news is the X-rays were negative, so Camby can return when his injury heals. Juwan Howard will be forced back into duty as an undersized center (technically Camby is an undersized center, too, but he’s closer to the role).
But if I were Camby, or any other Blazer center, I’d get an extra level of medical insurance before I stepped out on the court.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85