Feb 24, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
What did the Trail Blazers do to offend the basketball gods?
Is there really any other explanation for what has befallen Portland big men this season. Greg Oden? Out. Joel Przybilla? Out.
Marcus Camby? Out for now. He sprained his ankle five minutes into the team’s win over New Jersey on Tuesday and did not return to the floor. He described himself as “very doubtful” for tonight in Toronto.
The good news is the X-rays were negative, so Camby can return when his injury heals. Juwan Howard will be forced back into duty as an undersized center (technically Camby is an undersized center, too, but he’s closer to the role).
But if I were Camby, or any other Blazer center, I’d get an extra level of medical insurance before I stepped out on the court.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 3
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29