Feb 24, 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
What did the Trail Blazers do to offend the basketball gods?
Is there really any other explanation for what has befallen Portland big men this season. Greg Oden? Out. Joel Przybilla? Out.
Marcus Camby? Out for now. He sprained his ankle five minutes into the team’s win over New Jersey on Tuesday and did not return to the floor. He described himself as “very doubtful” for tonight in Toronto.
The good news is the X-rays were negative, so Camby can return when his injury heals. Juwan Howard will be forced back into duty as an undersized center (technically Camby is an undersized center, too, but he’s closer to the role).
But if I were Camby, or any other Blazer center, I’d get an extra level of medical insurance before I stepped out on the court.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3