Feb 24, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Anyone with a tan in Boston in February sticks out in the crowd. Of course, Brian Scalabrine at 6’9″ with shocking red hair didn’t really need help sticking out in the crowd to begin with.
Boston cult figure (in the good way) Scalabrine bet the guys from The Toucher and Rich Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub (where he is a weekly guest) that if they could get him 250,000 write in votes for the All-Star team, he would get a spray tan. One of those little rules in life: Never bet wacky morning DJs unless you’re willing to pay up.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32