Feb 24, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Anyone with a tan in Boston in February sticks out in the crowd. Of course, Brian Scalabrine at 6’9″ with shocking red hair didn’t really need help sticking out in the crowd to begin with.
Boston cult figure (in the good way) Scalabrine bet the guys from The Toucher and Rich Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub (where he is a weekly guest) that if they could get him 250,000 write in votes for the All-Star team, he would get a spray tan. One of those little rules in life: Never bet wacky morning DJs unless you’re willing to pay up.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22