Feb 24, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Anyone with a tan in Boston in February sticks out in the crowd. Of course, Brian Scalabrine at 6’9″ with shocking red hair didn’t really need help sticking out in the crowd to begin with.
Boston cult figure (in the good way) Scalabrine bet the guys from The Toucher and Rich Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub (where he is a weekly guest) that if they could get him 250,000 write in votes for the All-Star team, he would get a spray tan. One of those little rules in life: Never bet wacky morning DJs unless you’re willing to pay up.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 23
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 60
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2