Feb 24, 2010, 10:26 AM EDT
Trevor Ariza has a pretty serious hip pointer, one that is going to keep him out at least the three remaining games this week.
Kevin Martin, come on down…
Martin has struggled adjusting to his new team so far, going 8 or 28 from the field (28.6 percent) in two games. Not exactly the sharpshooter imagined in Houston, although Martin is too good a shooter to be that bad for long. Right now he is just pushing, not playing in a natural flow at all. He finally got in a couple practices with his new team in recent days, which should help. The Rockets aren’t worried, the move to get Martin was less about this year than next anyway — he will get a lot of open looks outside with Yao Ming inside next season.
Ariza’s injury is not serious (he had an MRI), just painful. He injured it on Feb. 6 and was in and out of the lineup for a couple games, now he is getting the chance to rest it properly. He will be re-evaluated next week. Kyle Lowry also will miss this week’s games.
The Rockets have lost five of their last six, and it will be hard to turn that around against the Magic, Spurs and Jazz this week.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17