Feb 23, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Rasho Nesterovic: NBA Legend. Has a nice ring to it, no?
Or at least: Rasho Nesterovic: Raptor Legend. That one actually rolls off the tongue a bit better, now that I think about it.
Okay, fine: Rasho Nesterovic, Raptors Record-Holder After Beating Out the Likes of Oliver Miller. Not quite as catchy, but sometimes it’s good to just get it all out there.
After finally reaching the 1,000 field goal attempt mark necessary to qualify for franchise record-holding, Rasho Nesterovic is now the Toronto Raptors all-time leader in field goal percentage (.552). He joins Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, and Doug Christie in the Raptors’ ring of honor.
Plus, becoming a franchise leader in field goal percentage is incredibly glamorous. For example, the field goal percentage leader for the storied Boston Celtics, they of countless banners and even more Hall-of-Famers, is perennial MVP candidate Kendrick Perkins. And the leader for the Dallas Mavericks, a team that has won 50 games in each of the last nine seasons, is the living legend, Erick Dampier. Congratulations, Rasho — this is the elite company which you now keep.
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 0
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 19
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36