Feb 23, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Rasho Nesterovic: NBA Legend. Has a nice ring to it, no?
Or at least: Rasho Nesterovic: Raptor Legend. That one actually rolls off the tongue a bit better, now that I think about it.
Okay, fine: Rasho Nesterovic, Raptors Record-Holder After Beating Out the Likes of Oliver Miller. Not quite as catchy, but sometimes it’s good to just get it all out there.
After finally reaching the 1,000 field goal attempt mark necessary to qualify for franchise record-holding, Rasho Nesterovic is now the Toronto Raptors all-time leader in field goal percentage (.552). He joins Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, and Doug Christie in the Raptors’ ring of honor.
Plus, becoming a franchise leader in field goal percentage is incredibly glamorous. For example, the field goal percentage leader for the storied Boston Celtics, they of countless banners and even more Hall-of-Famers, is perennial MVP candidate Kendrick Perkins. And the leader for the Dallas Mavericks, a team that has won 50 games in each of the last nine seasons, is the living legend, Erick Dampier. Congratulations, Rasho — this is the elite company which you now keep.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14