Feb 23, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Rasho Nesterovic: NBA Legend. Has a nice ring to it, no?
Or at least: Rasho Nesterovic: Raptor Legend. That one actually rolls off the tongue a bit better, now that I think about it.
Okay, fine: Rasho Nesterovic, Raptors Record-Holder After Beating Out the Likes of Oliver Miller. Not quite as catchy, but sometimes it’s good to just get it all out there.
After finally reaching the 1,000 field goal attempt mark necessary to qualify for franchise record-holding, Rasho Nesterovic is now the Toronto Raptors all-time leader in field goal percentage (.552). He joins Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, and Doug Christie in the Raptors’ ring of honor.
Plus, becoming a franchise leader in field goal percentage is incredibly glamorous. For example, the field goal percentage leader for the storied Boston Celtics, they of countless banners and even more Hall-of-Famers, is perennial MVP candidate Kendrick Perkins. And the leader for the Dallas Mavericks, a team that has won 50 games in each of the last nine seasons, is the living legend, Erick Dampier. Congratulations, Rasho — this is the elite company which you now keep.
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 0
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 25
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 62
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6