Feb 23, 2010, 12:55 PM EDT
Rasho Nesterovic: NBA Legend. Has a nice ring to it, no?
Or at least: Rasho Nesterovic: Raptor Legend. That one actually rolls off the tongue a bit better, now that I think about it.
Okay, fine: Rasho Nesterovic, Raptors Record-Holder After Beating Out the Likes of Oliver Miller. Not quite as catchy, but sometimes it’s good to just get it all out there.
After finally reaching the 1,000 field goal attempt mark necessary to qualify for franchise record-holding, Rasho Nesterovic is now the Toronto Raptors all-time leader in field goal percentage (.552). He joins Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, and Doug Christie in the Raptors’ ring of honor.
Plus, becoming a franchise leader in field goal percentage is incredibly glamorous. For example, the field goal percentage leader for the storied Boston Celtics, they of countless banners and even more Hall-of-Famers, is perennial MVP candidate Kendrick Perkins. And the leader for the Dallas Mavericks, a team that has won 50 games in each of the last nine seasons, is the living legend, Erick Dampier. Congratulations, Rasho — this is the elite company which you now keep.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48