Feb 23, 2010, 12:55 PM EST
Rasho Nesterovic: NBA Legend. Has a nice ring to it, no?
Or at least: Rasho Nesterovic: Raptor Legend. That one actually rolls off the tongue a bit better, now that I think about it.
Okay, fine: Rasho Nesterovic, Raptors Record-Holder After Beating Out the Likes of Oliver Miller. Not quite as catchy, but sometimes it’s good to just get it all out there.
After finally reaching the 1,000 field goal attempt mark necessary to qualify for franchise record-holding, Rasho Nesterovic is now the Toronto Raptors all-time leader in field goal percentage (.552). He joins Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Morris Peterson, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, Chris Bosh, and Doug Christie in the Raptors’ ring of honor.
Plus, becoming a franchise leader in field goal percentage is incredibly glamorous. For example, the field goal percentage leader for the storied Boston Celtics, they of countless banners and even more Hall-of-Famers, is perennial MVP candidate Kendrick Perkins. And the leader for the Dallas Mavericks, a team that has won 50 games in each of the last nine seasons, is the living legend, Erick Dampier. Congratulations, Rasho — this is the elite company which you now keep.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30