Feb 23, 2010, 7:08 PM EDT
In a surprise to nobody, Larry Hughes has been waived by the Sacramento Kings.
Hughes was salary filler to make the three team Tracy McGrady/Kevin Martin trade work, but the Kings were always going to cut him loose. He never even came to the West Coast to rehab his fractured finger. Today Sacramento made it official.
It is likely some team, one near the top of the standings, will pick up Hughes for some backcourt depth heading into the playoffs. The Celtics are rumored to have shown some interest.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 0
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48