Feb 23, 2010, 7:08 PM EST
In a surprise to nobody, Larry Hughes has been waived by the Sacramento Kings.
Hughes was salary filler to make the three team Tracy McGrady/Kevin Martin trade work, but the Kings were always going to cut him loose. He never even came to the West Coast to rehab his fractured finger. Today Sacramento made it official.
It is likely some team, one near the top of the standings, will pick up Hughes for some backcourt depth heading into the playoffs. The Celtics are rumored to have shown some interest.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14