Feb 23, 2010, 7:08 PM EDT
In a surprise to nobody, Larry Hughes has been waived by the Sacramento Kings.
Hughes was salary filler to make the three team Tracy McGrady/Kevin Martin trade work, but the Kings were always going to cut him loose. He never even came to the West Coast to rehab his fractured finger. Today Sacramento made it official.
It is likely some team, one near the top of the standings, will pick up Hughes for some backcourt depth heading into the playoffs. The Celtics are rumored to have shown some interest.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 21
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 34
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 26
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12