Feb 23, 2010, 7:08 PM EST
In a surprise to nobody, Larry Hughes has been waived by the Sacramento Kings.
Hughes was salary filler to make the three team Tracy McGrady/Kevin Martin trade work, but the Kings were always going to cut him loose. He never even came to the West Coast to rehab his fractured finger. Today Sacramento made it official.
It is likely some team, one near the top of the standings, will pick up Hughes for some backcourt depth heading into the playoffs. The Celtics are rumored to have shown some interest.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 15
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9