Feb 23, 2010, 9:09 AM EDT
There have been more suggestions on how to fix the All-Star game than there are Dunkin’ Donuts in Boston. Well, that’s an exaggeration, there may be more Dunkin’ Donuts than people in Boston, but there has been a lot of All-Star Game discussions.
Lakers Vice President of Business Operations Jeanie Buss (you know, the Buss child who earned her job) has a radical and fun idea that she told Fanhouse:
“I would do something really crazy with the All Star Game. This is something I’ve thought about a lot. I would like to see the fans vote for all the All Stars. Then you put them in a pool, and you take the two coaches and they draft the team right there, kind of like you used to do on a schoolyard. It wouldn’t have anything to do with (conference affiliations), it would just be all All-Stars, and then the coaches would decide which players they would take.”
The best part of this would be to see who the coaches choose. Not just first, but to see if a coach would take Dirk Nowitzki in front of Carmelo Anthony, for example. And to see who would get chosen last (sorry Jason Kidd).
To really do this right, the game should be played shirts vs. skins. At Rucker Park.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 17
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 12
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 31
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 20
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead