Feb 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
Veteran shot-blocker Theo Ratliff has played well for Larry Brown since coming to the Bobcats on deadline day. Last night, Ratliff tied his season high with 10 points, and recorded two blocks for the second time in three games. Unfortunately for him, all anybody’s going to remember about last night’s game is when he tried to block the wrong guy.
21-year old center DeAndre Jordan has a long way to go towards being a consistent NBA player, but he sure can get up there. In the first quarter of last night’s Bobcats-Clippers tilt, Jordan accepted Ratliff’s challenge at the rim and absolutely destroyed him with a monster slam. Bonus points to DeAndre for slamming it home with his right hand, which is his non-shooting hand. (Actually, Jordan is shooting 34% from the stripe with his left hand — we’re positive he really is left-handed, right?)
Anyways, the video of the dunk is below. Feel free to watch it more than once.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24