Feb 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
Veteran shot-blocker Theo Ratliff has played well for Larry Brown since coming to the Bobcats on deadline day. Last night, Ratliff tied his season high with 10 points, and recorded two blocks for the second time in three games. Unfortunately for him, all anybody’s going to remember about last night’s game is when he tried to block the wrong guy.
21-year old center DeAndre Jordan has a long way to go towards being a consistent NBA player, but he sure can get up there. In the first quarter of last night’s Bobcats-Clippers tilt, Jordan accepted Ratliff’s challenge at the rim and absolutely destroyed him with a monster slam. Bonus points to DeAndre for slamming it home with his right hand, which is his non-shooting hand. (Actually, Jordan is shooting 34% from the stripe with his left hand — we’re positive he really is left-handed, right?)
Anyways, the video of the dunk is below. Feel free to watch it more than once.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14