Feb 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
Veteran shot-blocker Theo Ratliff has played well for Larry Brown since coming to the Bobcats on deadline day. Last night, Ratliff tied his season high with 10 points, and recorded two blocks for the second time in three games. Unfortunately for him, all anybody’s going to remember about last night’s game is when he tried to block the wrong guy.
21-year old center DeAndre Jordan has a long way to go towards being a consistent NBA player, but he sure can get up there. In the first quarter of last night’s Bobcats-Clippers tilt, Jordan accepted Ratliff’s challenge at the rim and absolutely destroyed him with a monster slam. Bonus points to DeAndre for slamming it home with his right hand, which is his non-shooting hand. (Actually, Jordan is shooting 34% from the stripe with his left hand — we’re positive he really is left-handed, right?)
Anyways, the video of the dunk is below. Feel free to watch it more than once.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 29
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23