Feb 23, 2010, 2:59 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:58PM: D-League blog Ridiculous Upside is reporting that Mike Harris of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the D-League will be called up to take Howard’s place. Harris just got back from a stint with RGV’s affiliate the Houston Rockets and is widely considered the top call-up prospect in the D-League.
12:45 am: Mike Jones (formerly of the Washington Times Sports) is reporting via Twitter that Flip Saunders has informed him Josh Howard is done for the season after tearing his ACL.
It’s a crushing blow for Howard, who recently said he wanted to try and push for the playoffs with a Wizards team that has won two out of three since the massive trades to detonate their core two weeks ago.
Howard was looking forward to a rebirth in Washington, and was playing like a leader, hitting big shots and playing to the potential the Mavericks thought had passed.
Whatever the Wizards have done to offend the Basketball Gods, they are sorry. We’re all sorry.
Well, it could be worse, they could…
Yeah, I got nothing.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final