Feb 22, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
According to Chris Sheridan’s twitter account, the Knicks will replace Chris Duhon with Sergio Rodriguez as their starting point guard.
Duhon has struggled to run Mike D’Antoini’s offense this season. He is currently shooting an abysmal 34.4% from the field this season, and his 10.12 PER is the worst mark of his career.
Rodriguez is a talented 23-year old point guard out of Spain, and has shown tremendous promise at times as a playmaker. He was stuck behind some quality guards during his time in Portland and Tyreke Evans during his time in Sacramento, and never averaged more than 15.3 minutes per game. New York is eager for help in its backcourt, and should give Rodriguez plenty of time to stretch his wings. D’Antoni’s wide-open style is perfect for Rodriguez, who loves to find shooters and play in the open court. D’Antoni’s Suns actually drafted Rodriguez in 2006, but sold the pick to Portland.
Amidst all the clamor about the 2010 cap space the Knicks acquired at the trade deadline, they might end up getting some value out of the actual players they received.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record