Feb 22, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni was popped for a DUI back on Nov. 5, and today his attorney pled no contest to the charge.
Portanova says his client wants to “take his medicine and move on.”
As part of his sentence, Nocioni will serve two days in a work program operated by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. He also must complete a three-month alcohol class, pay a $480 fine and court penalties and serve three years’ probation.
Drunk driving is no little thing, but Nocioni is going to pay his debt to society, and hopefully learn a valuable lesson he can pass on to teammates. Hopefully this is a one-time thing, and we can all move on.
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 2
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 17
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 23
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18