Feb 22, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni was popped for a DUI back on Nov. 5, and today his attorney pled no contest to the charge.
Portanova says his client wants to “take his medicine and move on.”
As part of his sentence, Nocioni will serve two days in a work program operated by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. He also must complete a three-month alcohol class, pay a $480 fine and court penalties and serve three years’ probation.
Drunk driving is no little thing, but Nocioni is going to pay his debt to society, and hopefully learn a valuable lesson he can pass on to teammates. Hopefully this is a one-time thing, and we can all move on.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 28
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 47
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 12
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16