Feb 22, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Sacramento Kings forward Andres Nocioni was popped for a DUI back on Nov. 5, and today his attorney pled no contest to the charge.
Portanova says his client wants to “take his medicine and move on.”
As part of his sentence, Nocioni will serve two days in a work program operated by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. He also must complete a three-month alcohol class, pay a $480 fine and court penalties and serve three years’ probation.
Drunk driving is no little thing, but Nocioni is going to pay his debt to society, and hopefully learn a valuable lesson he can pass on to teammates. Hopefully this is a one-time thing, and we can all move on.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10