Feb 22, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
When the rest of the Phoenix Suns board a plane to Oklahoma City today, Steve Nash will not be with them.
Nash has had back pain and abdominal pain for about a month now (really, the back pain for about four years now), but has played through it. He has still averaged 14.5 points and 11 assists per game in the Suns last 10 contests, although his shooting percentage has dropped to 41.5 percent. But finally he is going to give it a rest.
That means Goran Dragic will get the start opposite Russell Westbrook Tuesday night (advantage OKC). The Suns have a road back-to-back against Philadelphia Wednesday, and while nothing is official it would seem logical that if Nash is not with the team he will miss that game, too.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18