Feb 22, 2010, 8:24 AM EST
When the rest of the Phoenix Suns board a plane to Oklahoma City today, Steve Nash will not be with them.
Nash has had back pain and abdominal pain for about a month now (really, the back pain for about four years now), but has played through it. He has still averaged 14.5 points and 11 assists per game in the Suns last 10 contests, although his shooting percentage has dropped to 41.5 percent. But finally he is going to give it a rest.
That means Goran Dragic will get the start opposite Russell Westbrook Tuesday night (advantage OKC). The Suns have a road back-to-back against Philadelphia Wednesday, and while nothing is official it would seem logical that if Nash is not with the team he will miss that game, too.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)