Feb 22, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
When the rest of the Phoenix Suns board a plane to Oklahoma City today, Steve Nash will not be with them.
Nash has had back pain and abdominal pain for about a month now (really, the back pain for about four years now), but has played through it. He has still averaged 14.5 points and 11 assists per game in the Suns last 10 contests, although his shooting percentage has dropped to 41.5 percent. But finally he is going to give it a rest.
That means Goran Dragic will get the start opposite Russell Westbrook Tuesday night (advantage OKC). The Suns have a road back-to-back against Philadelphia Wednesday, and while nothing is official it would seem logical that if Nash is not with the team he will miss that game, too.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4