Feb 22, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
When the rest of the Phoenix Suns board a plane to Oklahoma City today, Steve Nash will not be with them.
Nash has had back pain and abdominal pain for about a month now (really, the back pain for about four years now), but has played through it. He has still averaged 14.5 points and 11 assists per game in the Suns last 10 contests, although his shooting percentage has dropped to 41.5 percent. But finally he is going to give it a rest.
That means Goran Dragic will get the start opposite Russell Westbrook Tuesday night (advantage OKC). The Suns have a road back-to-back against Philadelphia Wednesday, and while nothing is official it would seem logical that if Nash is not with the team he will miss that game, too.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 0
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 18
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22