Feb 22, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
When the rest of the Phoenix Suns board a plane to Oklahoma City today, Steve Nash will not be with them.
Nash has had back pain and abdominal pain for about a month now (really, the back pain for about four years now), but has played through it. He has still averaged 14.5 points and 11 assists per game in the Suns last 10 contests, although his shooting percentage has dropped to 41.5 percent. But finally he is going to give it a rest.
That means Goran Dragic will get the start opposite Russell Westbrook Tuesday night (advantage OKC). The Suns have a road back-to-back against Philadelphia Wednesday, and while nothing is official it would seem logical that if Nash is not with the team he will miss that game, too.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 9
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28