Feb 22, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Like everywhere else in America, when the score of the thrilling USA/Canada hockey match at the Vancouver Olympics was announced the fans at the USA Airways Center in Phoenix erupted with joy.
On the court, Steve Nash gave it a double thumbs down.
Pretty amusing, but like a lot of Canadians, Nash doesn’t find it all that funny.
“It was tough,” Nash said. “There was a moment where I almost slapped someone in the front row because they kept yelling it (the score) to me but we’re worried about season ticket renewals so I held back.”
I don’t know what Nash is complaining about, Canada has finally won some gold medals in a Winter Olympics they hosted. What else do they want?
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 0
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 3
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 44
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25