Feb 22, 2010, 11:59 AM EST
Like everywhere else in America, when the score of the thrilling USA/Canada hockey match at the Vancouver Olympics was announced the fans at the USA Airways Center in Phoenix erupted with joy.
On the court, Steve Nash gave it a double thumbs down.
Pretty amusing, but like a lot of Canadians, Nash doesn’t find it all that funny.
“It was tough,” Nash said. “There was a moment where I almost slapped someone in the front row because they kept yelling it (the score) to me but we’re worried about season ticket renewals so I held back.”
I don’t know what Nash is complaining about, Canada has finally won some gold medals in a Winter Olympics they hosted. What else do they want?
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 14
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13