Feb 22, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
Like everywhere else in America, when the score of the thrilling USA/Canada hockey match at the Vancouver Olympics was announced the fans at the USA Airways Center in Phoenix erupted with joy.
On the court, Steve Nash gave it a double thumbs down.
Pretty amusing, but like a lot of Canadians, Nash doesn’t find it all that funny.
“It was tough,” Nash said. “There was a moment where I almost slapped someone in the front row because they kept yelling it (the score) to me but we’re worried about season ticket renewals so I held back.”
I don’t know what Nash is complaining about, Canada has finally won some gold medals in a Winter Olympics they hosted. What else do they want?
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20