Feb 22, 2010, 11:59 AM EST
Like everywhere else in America, when the score of the thrilling USA/Canada hockey match at the Vancouver Olympics was announced the fans at the USA Airways Center in Phoenix erupted with joy.
On the court, Steve Nash gave it a double thumbs down.
Pretty amusing, but like a lot of Canadians, Nash doesn’t find it all that funny.
“It was tough,” Nash said. “There was a moment where I almost slapped someone in the front row because they kept yelling it (the score) to me but we’re worried about season ticket renewals so I held back.”
I don’t know what Nash is complaining about, Canada has finally won some gold medals in a Winter Olympics they hosted. What else do they want?
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 3
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2