Feb 22, 2010, 11:28 PM EDT
Josh Howard was pretty unhappy when rumors of him being hungover for a game he was supposed to have missed with a stomach illness came out. He flat out denied it and tonight, his former owner backed him up, in his own entertaining way.
The Dallas Morning News transcribed an interview Cuban did with the Dan Patrick show and said he didn’t think Howard was hungover that day. And he jokingly confirmed that he was using his long experience with hangovers to validate the hypothesis.
But what was really interesting from the conversation was this bit, when Patrick asked about how often a player missing time because of a little too much of the firewater. Here’s the exchange, courtesy of the DMN:
How often does it happen where a guy parties and they don’t play? It happens typically once for a player and then he finds himself playing for another team. And that wasn’t the case behind Josh Howard. But we had it happen once with two different players the year before. One of those guys was put out to pasture and another guy was traded.
So, yeah. In case you were wondering, that sound is the former Mavs players that Cuban just threw under the bus crying out in anguish. Okay, not really, but still. BURN.
In case you were curious, courtesy of Wyn Douglas’ transaction maps, here are the players that were on the Mavericks’ 2008-2009 Roster who are no longer with the team, for a variety of reasons: Gerald Green, Shawne Williams, DeSagana Diop, Devean George, Antoine Wright, Brandon Bass, Ryan Hollins, and Jerry Stackhouse. And I’m certain each player would say it couldn’t possibly be them.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 2
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 76
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 19
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay