Feb 22, 2010, 11:28 PM EST
Josh Howard was pretty unhappy when rumors of him being hungover for a game he was supposed to have missed with a stomach illness came out. He flat out denied it and tonight, his former owner backed him up, in his own entertaining way.
The Dallas Morning News transcribed an interview Cuban did with the Dan Patrick show and said he didn’t think Howard was hungover that day. And he jokingly confirmed that he was using his long experience with hangovers to validate the hypothesis.
But what was really interesting from the conversation was this bit, when Patrick asked about how often a player missing time because of a little too much of the firewater. Here’s the exchange, courtesy of the DMN:
How often does it happen where a guy parties and they don’t play? It happens typically once for a player and then he finds himself playing for another team. And that wasn’t the case behind Josh Howard. But we had it happen once with two different players the year before. One of those guys was put out to pasture and another guy was traded.
So, yeah. In case you were wondering, that sound is the former Mavs players that Cuban just threw under the bus crying out in anguish. Okay, not really, but still. BURN.
In case you were curious, courtesy of Wyn Douglas’ transaction maps, here are the players that were on the Mavericks’ 2008-2009 Roster who are no longer with the team, for a variety of reasons: Gerald Green, Shawne Williams, DeSagana Diop, Devean George, Antoine Wright, Brandon Bass, Ryan Hollins, and Jerry Stackhouse. And I’m certain each player would say it couldn’t possibly be them.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18