Feb 21, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
T.J. Ford was so excited at the idea of being traded from the Indiana Pacers before Thursday’s 3PM EST deadline, that he started dancing outside of the team plane (via the Indianapolis Star).
Of course, then 3:01PM came and Ford was still a Pacer.
Mike Wells defends Ford, making the very salient point that you can’t blame Ford for being excited about going to a playoff contender (the Charlotte Bobcats). On the one hand, it’s got to sting Pacers’ players and staff to know exactly how happy he was to get out, enough to do a little dance, make a little love, and generally get down tonight. But on the other, these are professionals, and it’s not like Ford’s sulking since. He came out and played hard in the Pacers’ win over the Rockets.
Just goes to show you that players may care more about winning than public perception suggests.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16