Feb 21, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
T.J. Ford was so excited at the idea of being traded from the Indiana Pacers before Thursday’s 3PM EST deadline, that he started dancing outside of the team plane (via the Indianapolis Star).
Of course, then 3:01PM came and Ford was still a Pacer.
Mike Wells defends Ford, making the very salient point that you can’t blame Ford for being excited about going to a playoff contender (the Charlotte Bobcats). On the one hand, it’s got to sting Pacers’ players and staff to know exactly how happy he was to get out, enough to do a little dance, make a little love, and generally get down tonight. But on the other, these are professionals, and it’s not like Ford’s sulking since. He came out and played hard in the Pacers’ win over the Rockets.
Just goes to show you that players may care more about winning than public perception suggests.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 4
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 7
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40