Feb 21, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
T.J. Ford was so excited at the idea of being traded from the Indiana Pacers before Thursday’s 3PM EST deadline, that he started dancing outside of the team plane (via the Indianapolis Star).
Of course, then 3:01PM came and Ford was still a Pacer.
Mike Wells defends Ford, making the very salient point that you can’t blame Ford for being excited about going to a playoff contender (the Charlotte Bobcats). On the one hand, it’s got to sting Pacers’ players and staff to know exactly how happy he was to get out, enough to do a little dance, make a little love, and generally get down tonight. But on the other, these are professionals, and it’s not like Ford’s sulking since. He came out and played hard in the Pacers’ win over the Rockets.
Just goes to show you that players may care more about winning than public perception suggests.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 5
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 10
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30