Feb 21, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
T.J. Ford was so excited at the idea of being traded from the Indiana Pacers before Thursday’s 3PM EST deadline, that he started dancing outside of the team plane (via the Indianapolis Star).
Of course, then 3:01PM came and Ford was still a Pacer.
Mike Wells defends Ford, making the very salient point that you can’t blame Ford for being excited about going to a playoff contender (the Charlotte Bobcats). On the one hand, it’s got to sting Pacers’ players and staff to know exactly how happy he was to get out, enough to do a little dance, make a little love, and generally get down tonight. But on the other, these are professionals, and it’s not like Ford’s sulking since. He came out and played hard in the Pacers’ win over the Rockets.
Just goes to show you that players may care more about winning than public perception suggests.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52