Feb 21, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
T.J. Ford was so excited at the idea of being traded from the Indiana Pacers before Thursday’s 3PM EST deadline, that he started dancing outside of the team plane (via the Indianapolis Star).
Of course, then 3:01PM came and Ford was still a Pacer.
Mike Wells defends Ford, making the very salient point that you can’t blame Ford for being excited about going to a playoff contender (the Charlotte Bobcats). On the one hand, it’s got to sting Pacers’ players and staff to know exactly how happy he was to get out, enough to do a little dance, make a little love, and generally get down tonight. But on the other, these are professionals, and it’s not like Ford’s sulking since. He came out and played hard in the Pacers’ win over the Rockets.
Just goes to show you that players may care more about winning than public perception suggests.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7