Feb 21, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
The Magic’s stretch four landed a huge shot after Cleveland’s stretch four fouled out, and that was pretty much the ballgame.
After Antawn Jamison fouled out preventing a Dwight Howard gimme dunk late in the game, Rashard Lewis nailed a corner three to put the Magic up six late and hold on for a 101-95 win at home over the Cavaliers.
The Magic cut the Cavs’ season series lead to 2-1.
Dwight Howard and Shaquille O’Neal battled throughout the game, trading and-one putbacks late. Vince Carter and LeBron James traded aerial attacks in the fourth after Carter began borderline-catatonic. And Antawn Jamison shrugged off a 0-12 debut to finish with19 points and 8 rebounds, yet the Magic still came away with the win.
But Jamison’s contributions were evident, as he took over to start the second half, draining jumpers, and flipping up-and-unders, doing exactly what he was brought in to do. Too bad the Magic spoiled the party. Again.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19