Feb 21, 2010, 11:37 AM EDT
During a pre-game interview with Michelle Tafoya on ABC before Sunday’s game in Orlando, LeBron James was asked about Antawn Jamison’s conspicuous debut on Friday where he went 0-12 from the floor and scored two points (two free throws in garbage time). The King’s response was interesting, and painful, for Wizards’ fans.
LeBron: “Funny thing, Antawn said, he hadn’t had an open look in about four years.”
You could just take it as there was more pressure on Jamison from the defense as the bes player on the floor with Arenas out. But it still can come off as a slight to Washington, dogging their play and inability to create opportunities for him.
Now, you can understand Jamison’s relief at getting out of a toxic situation in Washington and on to a top contender. But Jamison was supported by the organization and fans, and there’s no reason to rub it in like that since they’re stuck with what is probably a lost season, despite what Josh Howard thinks.
Something tells me the rivalry may not be quite dead.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 7
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 39
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73