Feb 21, 2010, 11:37 AM EST
During a pre-game interview with Michelle Tafoya on ABC before Sunday’s game in Orlando, LeBron James was asked about Antawn Jamison’s conspicuous debut on Friday where he went 0-12 from the floor and scored two points (two free throws in garbage time). The King’s response was interesting, and painful, for Wizards’ fans.
LeBron: “Funny thing, Antawn said, he hadn’t had an open look in about four years.”
You could just take it as there was more pressure on Jamison from the defense as the bes player on the floor with Arenas out. But it still can come off as a slight to Washington, dogging their play and inability to create opportunities for him.
Now, you can understand Jamison’s relief at getting out of a toxic situation in Washington and on to a top contender. But Jamison was supported by the organization and fans, and there’s no reason to rub it in like that since they’re stuck with what is probably a lost season, despite what Josh Howard thinks.
Something tells me the rivalry may not be quite dead.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 13
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (40)