Feb 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant will try to continue a phenomenal streak tonight as he faces the Minnesota Timberwolves. Durant has scored at least 25 points for 27 games in a row, tying Allen Iverson’s 2001 streak. If he goes for more than 25 tonight, he’ll be chasing Michael Jordan in the 25+ streak, who did it an unbelievable 40 times in a row in ’86-’87.
What’s been phenomenal during this streak has been his shot selection. The vast majority of his shots are coming at the rim and from three point, where he’s shot better than .500 12 times out of the 27. That’s incredible. His range is defining itself as arguably the best in the league, but Carmelo Anthony might have something to say about that.
Durant’s gunning has also been efficient and he hasn’t forced things nearly as much as he did early in the season. And the scores are translating to wins, as the Thunder go for it ninth straight win against the woeful Wolves.
For more on where Durant is sticking historically, check out Daily Thunder’s breakdown.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 0
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 7
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 13
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11