Feb 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant will try to continue a phenomenal streak tonight as he faces the Minnesota Timberwolves. Durant has scored at least 25 points for 27 games in a row, tying Allen Iverson’s 2001 streak. If he goes for more than 25 tonight, he’ll be chasing Michael Jordan in the 25+ streak, who did it an unbelievable 40 times in a row in ’86-’87.
What’s been phenomenal during this streak has been his shot selection. The vast majority of his shots are coming at the rim and from three point, where he’s shot better than .500 12 times out of the 27. That’s incredible. His range is defining itself as arguably the best in the league, but Carmelo Anthony might have something to say about that.
Durant’s gunning has also been efficient and he hasn’t forced things nearly as much as he did early in the season. And the scores are translating to wins, as the Thunder go for it ninth straight win against the woeful Wolves.
For more on where Durant is sticking historically, check out Daily Thunder’s breakdown.
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 4
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 6
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 10
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 37
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 45
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27
- Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard have little dust up; Kobe calls Howard “soft” (VIDEO) 61