Feb 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
Kevin Durant will try to continue a phenomenal streak tonight as he faces the Minnesota Timberwolves. Durant has scored at least 25 points for 27 games in a row, tying Allen Iverson’s 2001 streak. If he goes for more than 25 tonight, he’ll be chasing Michael Jordan in the 25+ streak, who did it an unbelievable 40 times in a row in ’86-’87.
What’s been phenomenal during this streak has been his shot selection. The vast majority of his shots are coming at the rim and from three point, where he’s shot better than .500 12 times out of the 27. That’s incredible. His range is defining itself as arguably the best in the league, but Carmelo Anthony might have something to say about that.
Durant’s gunning has also been efficient and he hasn’t forced things nearly as much as he did early in the season. And the scores are translating to wins, as the Thunder go for it ninth straight win against the woeful Wolves.
For more on where Durant is sticking historically, check out Daily Thunder’s breakdown.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7