Feb 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant will try to continue a phenomenal streak tonight as he faces the Minnesota Timberwolves. Durant has scored at least 25 points for 27 games in a row, tying Allen Iverson’s 2001 streak. If he goes for more than 25 tonight, he’ll be chasing Michael Jordan in the 25+ streak, who did it an unbelievable 40 times in a row in ’86-’87.
What’s been phenomenal during this streak has been his shot selection. The vast majority of his shots are coming at the rim and from three point, where he’s shot better than .500 12 times out of the 27. That’s incredible. His range is defining itself as arguably the best in the league, but Carmelo Anthony might have something to say about that.
Durant’s gunning has also been efficient and he hasn’t forced things nearly as much as he did early in the season. And the scores are translating to wins, as the Thunder go for it ninth straight win against the woeful Wolves.
For more on where Durant is sticking historically, check out Daily Thunder’s breakdown.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28