Feb 21, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Kevin Durant will try to continue a phenomenal streak tonight as he faces the Minnesota Timberwolves. Durant has scored at least 25 points for 27 games in a row, tying Allen Iverson’s 2001 streak. If he goes for more than 25 tonight, he’ll be chasing Michael Jordan in the 25+ streak, who did it an unbelievable 40 times in a row in ’86-’87.
What’s been phenomenal during this streak has been his shot selection. The vast majority of his shots are coming at the rim and from three point, where he’s shot better than .500 12 times out of the 27. That’s incredible. His range is defining itself as arguably the best in the league, but Carmelo Anthony might have something to say about that.
Durant’s gunning has also been efficient and he hasn’t forced things nearly as much as he did early in the season. And the scores are translating to wins, as the Thunder go for it ninth straight win against the woeful Wolves.
For more on where Durant is sticking historically, check out Daily Thunder’s breakdown.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12