Feb 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EST
This speaks volumes about where the New York Knicks are — Tracy McGrady is getting the start in his New York Knicks debut tonight.
McGrady basically hasn’t played serious minutes in 18 months, but why not start him? Not like the Knicks are going to the playoffs, might as well throw him into the fire and see what you’ve got. Play him a lot the final 29 games and see if he can pull a Grant Hill.
Nice welcome back present for McGrady — cover Kevin Durant. The up-and-coming NBA star is what McGrady used to be — a nearly unstoppable scoring machine. A guy who mesmerizes fans, a guy who people will pay to go see.
McGrady thinks he can still be that guy. The Knicks are going to give him his chance, and he has a couple months to prove he can stay healthy and still mesmerize the fans of New York.
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 1
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 17
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 9
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)