Feb 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
This speaks volumes about where the New York Knicks are — Tracy McGrady is getting the start in his New York Knicks debut tonight.
McGrady basically hasn’t played serious minutes in 18 months, but why not start him? Not like the Knicks are going to the playoffs, might as well throw him into the fire and see what you’ve got. Play him a lot the final 29 games and see if he can pull a Grant Hill.
Nice welcome back present for McGrady — cover Kevin Durant. The up-and-coming NBA star is what McGrady used to be — a nearly unstoppable scoring machine. A guy who mesmerizes fans, a guy who people will pay to go see.
McGrady thinks he can still be that guy. The Knicks are going to give him his chance, and he has a couple months to prove he can stay healthy and still mesmerize the fans of New York.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 3
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7