Feb 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
This speaks volumes about where the New York Knicks are — Tracy McGrady is getting the start in his New York Knicks debut tonight.
McGrady basically hasn’t played serious minutes in 18 months, but why not start him? Not like the Knicks are going to the playoffs, might as well throw him into the fire and see what you’ve got. Play him a lot the final 29 games and see if he can pull a Grant Hill.
Nice welcome back present for McGrady — cover Kevin Durant. The up-and-coming NBA star is what McGrady used to be — a nearly unstoppable scoring machine. A guy who mesmerizes fans, a guy who people will pay to go see.
McGrady thinks he can still be that guy. The Knicks are going to give him his chance, and he has a couple months to prove he can stay healthy and still mesmerize the fans of New York.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 62
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65