Feb 20, 2010, 6:45 PM EST
This speaks volumes about where the New York Knicks are — Tracy McGrady is getting the start in his New York Knicks debut tonight.
McGrady basically hasn’t played serious minutes in 18 months, but why not start him? Not like the Knicks are going to the playoffs, might as well throw him into the fire and see what you’ve got. Play him a lot the final 29 games and see if he can pull a Grant Hill.
Nice welcome back present for McGrady — cover Kevin Durant. The up-and-coming NBA star is what McGrady used to be — a nearly unstoppable scoring machine. A guy who mesmerizes fans, a guy who people will pay to go see.
McGrady thinks he can still be that guy. The Knicks are going to give him his chance, and he has a couple months to prove he can stay healthy and still mesmerize the fans of New York.
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 5
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 8
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 19
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30