Feb 20, 2010, 5:59 PM EST
Ronnie Brewer’s not having the best week. He gets traded from a stable, top-seed contending team in Utah to a Grizzlies team that, while improved, is still trying to stay above .500. But at least he’ll get more playing time, as Memphis is wafer-thin and needs a player of exactly his caliber and mold, right?
Well, then Brewer was injured in his first game as a Grizzly, and the news isn’t good. Brewer tore his hamstring and is out indefinitely. It’s a really unfortunate development for Brewer and the Grizzlies. They need a wing defender, badly, and had invested a protected pick to get Brewer. And Brewer was finally in a position to get the playing time he’s earned. But then, things don’t always work out for the best, do they?
We’ll update you on Brewer’s status once it’s announced.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10