Feb 20, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Ronnie Brewer’s not having the best week. He gets traded from a stable, top-seed contending team in Utah to a Grizzlies team that, while improved, is still trying to stay above .500. But at least he’ll get more playing time, as Memphis is wafer-thin and needs a player of exactly his caliber and mold, right?
Well, then Brewer was injured in his first game as a Grizzly, and the news isn’t good. Brewer tore his hamstring and is out indefinitely. It’s a really unfortunate development for Brewer and the Grizzlies. They need a wing defender, badly, and had invested a protected pick to get Brewer. And Brewer was finally in a position to get the playing time he’s earned. But then, things don’t always work out for the best, do they?
We’ll update you on Brewer’s status once it’s announced.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15