Feb 20, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Ronnie Brewer’s not having the best week. He gets traded from a stable, top-seed contending team in Utah to a Grizzlies team that, while improved, is still trying to stay above .500. But at least he’ll get more playing time, as Memphis is wafer-thin and needs a player of exactly his caliber and mold, right?
Well, then Brewer was injured in his first game as a Grizzly, and the news isn’t good. Brewer tore his hamstring and is out indefinitely. It’s a really unfortunate development for Brewer and the Grizzlies. They need a wing defender, badly, and had invested a protected pick to get Brewer. And Brewer was finally in a position to get the playing time he’s earned. But then, things don’t always work out for the best, do they?
We’ll update you on Brewer’s status once it’s announced.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29