Feb 20, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
Ronnie Brewer’s not having the best week. He gets traded from a stable, top-seed contending team in Utah to a Grizzlies team that, while improved, is still trying to stay above .500. But at least he’ll get more playing time, as Memphis is wafer-thin and needs a player of exactly his caliber and mold, right?
Well, then Brewer was injured in his first game as a Grizzly, and the news isn’t good. Brewer tore his hamstring and is out indefinitely. It’s a really unfortunate development for Brewer and the Grizzlies. They need a wing defender, badly, and had invested a protected pick to get Brewer. And Brewer was finally in a position to get the playing time he’s earned. But then, things don’t always work out for the best, do they?
We’ll update you on Brewer’s status once it’s announced.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 29
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 39
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42