Feb 20, 2010, 10:39 AM EST
Turns out Deron Williams isn’t the only player who wasn’t a fan of his team’s deadline moves.
Rajon Rondo expressed some uncertainty about moving veteran Eddie House for Nate Robinson, in an article for NBA.com. Courtesy of Bryan Chu:
“I don’t know, I don’t know,” said Rondo on whether the team needed
to make a trade. “I hope it’s for the best. Eddie House can drop 20, 30
[points off the bench] too. But [the players] don’t make decision, we
just play the game.”
As for his relationship with Robinson: “We
compete. We don’t really see each other, we speak, but I try to kill
him every time I play him and I’m sure that’s probably his mentality.”
He did say that Robinson brings “energy and he can definitely score the ball in a million different ways. He’s a good defender.”
Well, then. I’m sure this won’t be awkward.
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Since Rondo started asserting himself, he’s been playing with the same unit. He’s used to the same flow, the same guys, and has been comfortable. The addition of Robinson is a player he doesn’t know, and the Celtics haven’t been exactly, um… friendly with their opponents during this run. They’re known as arrogant, brash, and confrontational, and Rondo’s the example, not exception.
We’ll have to see if the Celtics embrace Nate or if there’s conflict down the line.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)