Feb 20, 2010, 10:39 AM EDT
Turns out Deron Williams isn’t the only player who wasn’t a fan of his team’s deadline moves.
Rajon Rondo expressed some uncertainty about moving veteran Eddie House for Nate Robinson, in an article for NBA.com. Courtesy of Bryan Chu:
“I don’t know, I don’t know,” said Rondo on whether the team needed
to make a trade. “I hope it’s for the best. Eddie House can drop 20, 30
[points off the bench] too. But [the players] don’t make decision, we
just play the game.”
As for his relationship with Robinson: “We
compete. We don’t really see each other, we speak, but I try to kill
him every time I play him and I’m sure that’s probably his mentality.”
He did say that Robinson brings “energy and he can definitely score the ball in a million different ways. He’s a good defender.”
Well, then. I’m sure this won’t be awkward.
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Since Rondo started asserting himself, he’s been playing with the same unit. He’s used to the same flow, the same guys, and has been comfortable. The addition of Robinson is a player he doesn’t know, and the Celtics haven’t been exactly, um… friendly with their opponents during this run. They’re known as arrogant, brash, and confrontational, and Rondo’s the example, not exception.
We’ll have to see if the Celtics embrace Nate or if there’s conflict down the line.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14