Feb 20, 2010, 10:39 AM EST
Turns out Deron Williams isn’t the only player who wasn’t a fan of his team’s deadline moves.
Rajon Rondo expressed some uncertainty about moving veteran Eddie House for Nate Robinson, in an article for NBA.com. Courtesy of Bryan Chu:
“I don’t know, I don’t know,” said Rondo on whether the team needed
to make a trade. “I hope it’s for the best. Eddie House can drop 20, 30
[points off the bench] too. But [the players] don’t make decision, we
just play the game.”
As for his relationship with Robinson: “We
compete. We don’t really see each other, we speak, but I try to kill
him every time I play him and I’m sure that’s probably his mentality.”
He did say that Robinson brings “energy and he can definitely score the ball in a million different ways. He’s a good defender.”
Well, then. I’m sure this won’t be awkward.
It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. Since Rondo started asserting himself, he’s been playing with the same unit. He’s used to the same flow, the same guys, and has been comfortable. The addition of Robinson is a player he doesn’t know, and the Celtics haven’t been exactly, um… friendly with their opponents during this run. They’re known as arrogant, brash, and confrontational, and Rondo’s the example, not exception.
We’ll have to see if the Celtics embrace Nate or if there’s conflict down the line.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1