Feb 20, 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
UPDATE: The Mavs have also brought in Rashad McCants for a look-see.
Von Wafer’s been fluttering around the outskirts of the league after returning from Olympiakos in Greece (who you’ll remember as the team former-Hawk Josh Childress plays for). He was rumored to sign with Houston, who he was with last season, then Memphis, and has since been unsigned.
The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Wafter was in Dallas yesterday for a workout, but the Mavs aren’t commenting on it.
Wafer would help the Mavericks with a bench need, that of a scoring guard. Jason Kidd and Jose Juan Barea are game-managers, Rodrigue Beaubois is a defensive stalwart and explosive wing, and Caron Butler is an all-around threat that often operates at the small forward position, leaving Jason Terry as their only scoring guard.
Wafer has a trigger that’s made for pulling, but has suffered with coachability and defense. We’ll keep you updated on if Wafer gets snatched up by the Mavs for a playoff push.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 0
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 62
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 18
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay