Feb 20, 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
UPDATE: The Mavs have also brought in Rashad McCants for a look-see.
Von Wafer’s been fluttering around the outskirts of the league after returning from Olympiakos in Greece (who you’ll remember as the team former-Hawk Josh Childress plays for). He was rumored to sign with Houston, who he was with last season, then Memphis, and has since been unsigned.
The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Wafter was in Dallas yesterday for a workout, but the Mavs aren’t commenting on it.
Wafer would help the Mavericks with a bench need, that of a scoring guard. Jason Kidd and Jose Juan Barea are game-managers, Rodrigue Beaubois is a defensive stalwart and explosive wing, and Caron Butler is an all-around threat that often operates at the small forward position, leaving Jason Terry as their only scoring guard.
Wafer has a trigger that’s made for pulling, but has suffered with coachability and defense. We’ll keep you updated on if Wafer gets snatched up by the Mavs for a playoff push.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85