Feb 20, 2010, 10:23 AM EDT
UPDATE: The Mavs have also brought in Rashad McCants for a look-see.
Von Wafer’s been fluttering around the outskirts of the league after returning from Olympiakos in Greece (who you’ll remember as the team former-Hawk Josh Childress plays for). He was rumored to sign with Houston, who he was with last season, then Memphis, and has since been unsigned.
The Dallas Morning News is reporting that Wafter was in Dallas yesterday for a workout, but the Mavs aren’t commenting on it.
Wafer would help the Mavericks with a bench need, that of a scoring guard. Jason Kidd and Jose Juan Barea are game-managers, Rodrigue Beaubois is a defensive stalwart and explosive wing, and Caron Butler is an all-around threat that often operates at the small forward position, leaving Jason Terry as their only scoring guard.
Wafer has a trigger that’s made for pulling, but has suffered with coachability and defense. We’ll keep you updated on if Wafer gets snatched up by the Mavs for a playoff push.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12