Feb 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Brandon Roy gave his hamstring a go last night, the same hamstring that he said may keep him out the rest of the season. Roy knew his team needed him last night against the Celtics, and is trying to power through the injury. Indeed, in post-game comments, both Roy and head coach Nate McMillan tried to pass off his sluggish performance last night as simple difficulties getting back into form.
But to everyone else, it seemed pretty obvious: Brandon Roy is still very injured.
So much so that Kevin Garnett, while speaking with Blazers blog Portland RoundBall Society weighed in on Roy’s status – unsolicited- and summed it up: “Brandon looks hurt–I’m just being honest.”
Here’s video of the exchange.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48