Feb 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EDT
Brandon Roy gave his hamstring a go last night, the same hamstring that he said may keep him out the rest of the season. Roy knew his team needed him last night against the Celtics, and is trying to power through the injury. Indeed, in post-game comments, both Roy and head coach Nate McMillan tried to pass off his sluggish performance last night as simple difficulties getting back into form.
But to everyone else, it seemed pretty obvious: Brandon Roy is still very injured.
So much so that Kevin Garnett, while speaking with Blazers blog Portland RoundBall Society weighed in on Roy’s status – unsolicited- and summed it up: “Brandon looks hurt–I’m just being honest.”
Here’s video of the exchange.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4