Feb 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Brandon Roy gave his hamstring a go last night, the same hamstring that he said may keep him out the rest of the season. Roy knew his team needed him last night against the Celtics, and is trying to power through the injury. Indeed, in post-game comments, both Roy and head coach Nate McMillan tried to pass off his sluggish performance last night as simple difficulties getting back into form.
But to everyone else, it seemed pretty obvious: Brandon Roy is still very injured.
So much so that Kevin Garnett, while speaking with Blazers blog Portland RoundBall Society weighed in on Roy’s status – unsolicited- and summed it up: “Brandon looks hurt–I’m just being honest.”
Here’s video of the exchange.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 4
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3