Feb 20, 2010, 9:30 AM EST
Brandon Roy gave his hamstring a go last night, the same hamstring that he said may keep him out the rest of the season. Roy knew his team needed him last night against the Celtics, and is trying to power through the injury. Indeed, in post-game comments, both Roy and head coach Nate McMillan tried to pass off his sluggish performance last night as simple difficulties getting back into form.
But to everyone else, it seemed pretty obvious: Brandon Roy is still very injured.
So much so that Kevin Garnett, while speaking with Blazers blog Portland RoundBall Society weighed in on Roy’s status – unsolicited- and summed it up: “Brandon looks hurt–I’m just being honest.”
Here’s video of the exchange.
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 11
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25