Feb 19, 2010, 8:58 AM EDT
While most of the NBA shuddered at the idea of Antawn Jamison joining forces with LeBron James, the Lakers Phil Jackson does not seem that bothered.
After refusing to answer questions about the Cavaliers moves near the trade deadline, he finally gave in after about the fourth version of the question before the Lakers took the floor against the Celtics.
“I don’t know what that does for them to tell you the truth…” Jackson said. “But Jamison is a scorer. I think they’ll start him and he’s someone that needs to start to be effective in their lineup and then that makes them rather small at the four.”
Picturing a potential — eventual? — meeting with the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals, Jackson clearly likes the Gasol vs. Jamison matchup. He likes it better than Orlando fans should like the matchup with Rashard Lewis and Jamison. Jackson actually expressed more concern about Portland with Camby in the lineup than he did the Cavaliers.
Jackson is less thrilled about the Cavs getting Big Z back. But he added that deadline trades for contenders rarely work out, with the exception being the Pistons getting Rasheed Wallace.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'