Feb 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The Nets are, well, you know.
And in these tough economic times, for a fanbase that’s never been exactly astounding in attendance even in the best of times, the Nets have been forced to resort to… unorthodox methods for boosting attention for the team.
First they’ve managed to get minority owner Jay-Z (or as his friends like to call him, Shawn Carter, or as I like to call him, HOVA) involved, giving away tickets to the upcoming Jay-Z concert at the IZOD center just for some social media dedication. No word on if LeBron James will be in attendance (joke).
But that’s not all! If you enter into their special sweepstakes, brought to you by Domino’s, you could actually have your pizza delivered by
an NBA a Nets player! It’s unknown at this time if Chris Douglas-Roberts or Terrence Williams will tweet bitterly about you after delivering your pizza.
All jokes aside, and there are many of them, the Nets are in a rough spot, with transitioning ownership, a terrible team, and a waiting game for this summer’s free agency, not to mention a pending move to the Prudential Center and then Brooklyn. Their promotions team is still trying new things to keep people aware of the team, and that’s to be admired. Imagine what they could do with an actual team.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16