Feb 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The Nets are, well, you know.
And in these tough economic times, for a fanbase that’s never been exactly astounding in attendance even in the best of times, the Nets have been forced to resort to… unorthodox methods for boosting attention for the team.
First they’ve managed to get minority owner Jay-Z (or as his friends like to call him, Shawn Carter, or as I like to call him, HOVA) involved, giving away tickets to the upcoming Jay-Z concert at the IZOD center just for some social media dedication. No word on if LeBron James will be in attendance (joke).
But that’s not all! If you enter into their special sweepstakes, brought to you by Domino’s, you could actually have your pizza delivered by
an NBA a Nets player! It’s unknown at this time if Chris Douglas-Roberts or Terrence Williams will tweet bitterly about you after delivering your pizza.
All jokes aside, and there are many of them, the Nets are in a rough spot, with transitioning ownership, a terrible team, and a waiting game for this summer’s free agency, not to mention a pending move to the Prudential Center and then Brooklyn. Their promotions team is still trying new things to keep people aware of the team, and that’s to be admired. Imagine what they could do with an actual team.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8