Feb 19, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
The Nets are, well, you know.
And in these tough economic times, for a fanbase that’s never been exactly astounding in attendance even in the best of times, the Nets have been forced to resort to… unorthodox methods for boosting attention for the team.
First they’ve managed to get minority owner Jay-Z (or as his friends like to call him, Shawn Carter, or as I like to call him, HOVA) involved, giving away tickets to the upcoming Jay-Z concert at the IZOD center just for some social media dedication. No word on if LeBron James will be in attendance (joke).
But that’s not all! If you enter into their special sweepstakes, brought to you by Domino’s, you could actually have your pizza delivered by
an NBA a Nets player! It’s unknown at this time if Chris Douglas-Roberts or Terrence Williams will tweet bitterly about you after delivering your pizza.
All jokes aside, and there are many of them, the Nets are in a rough spot, with transitioning ownership, a terrible team, and a waiting game for this summer’s free agency, not to mention a pending move to the Prudential Center and then Brooklyn. Their promotions team is still trying new things to keep people aware of the team, and that’s to be admired. Imagine what they could do with an actual team.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 2
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 16
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7