Feb 18, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 2/18 7:32 pm: Good news for the Heat — Wade’s calf is officially just a strain, nothing serious. That said, it is still bothering him and he is listed as day-to-day and may miss several games.
2/18 9:10 am This could be worse than first thought. Wade said after the game that he felt a “pop” before he aggravated the sore left calf that had been bothering him since before the All-Star Game. He will undergo a battery of tests today to determine the nature of the problem.
2/17 8:18 pm Dwyane Wade has left the Heat’s game against the Nets with a strained left calf and is done for the evening.
The incident occurred with 4:30 left in the first quarter, when Wade grabbed an uncontested rebound and started to lead the break up court, only to pull up in pain. He quickly left the game, hopping on one foot, and went back to the Heat locker room for further evaluation.
Wade will not return to the game against the Nets, however no further details are available yet on how serious this injury is (it did not look serious when it occurred). He will be evaluated again tomorrow.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11