Feb 18, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 2/18 7:32 pm: Good news for the Heat — Wade’s calf is officially just a strain, nothing serious. That said, it is still bothering him and he is listed as day-to-day and may miss several games.
2/18 9:10 am This could be worse than first thought. Wade said after the game that he felt a “pop” before he aggravated the sore left calf that had been bothering him since before the All-Star Game. He will undergo a battery of tests today to determine the nature of the problem.
2/17 8:18 pm Dwyane Wade has left the Heat’s game against the Nets with a strained left calf and is done for the evening.
The incident occurred with 4:30 left in the first quarter, when Wade grabbed an uncontested rebound and started to lead the break up court, only to pull up in pain. He quickly left the game, hopping on one foot, and went back to the Heat locker room for further evaluation.
Wade will not return to the game against the Nets, however no further details are available yet on how serious this injury is (it did not look serious when it occurred). He will be evaluated again tomorrow.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59