Feb 18, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 2/18 7:32 pm: Good news for the Heat — Wade’s calf is officially just a strain, nothing serious. That said, it is still bothering him and he is listed as day-to-day and may miss several games.
2/18 9:10 am This could be worse than first thought. Wade said after the game that he felt a “pop” before he aggravated the sore left calf that had been bothering him since before the All-Star Game. He will undergo a battery of tests today to determine the nature of the problem.
2/17 8:18 pm Dwyane Wade has left the Heat’s game against the Nets with a strained left calf and is done for the evening.
The incident occurred with 4:30 left in the first quarter, when Wade grabbed an uncontested rebound and started to lead the break up court, only to pull up in pain. He quickly left the game, hopping on one foot, and went back to the Heat locker room for further evaluation.
Wade will not return to the game against the Nets, however no further details are available yet on how serious this injury is (it did not look serious when it occurred). He will be evaluated again tomorrow.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31