Feb 18, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 2/18 7:32 pm: Good news for the Heat — Wade’s calf is officially just a strain, nothing serious. That said, it is still bothering him and he is listed as day-to-day and may miss several games.
2/18 9:10 am This could be worse than first thought. Wade said after the game that he felt a “pop” before he aggravated the sore left calf that had been bothering him since before the All-Star Game. He will undergo a battery of tests today to determine the nature of the problem.
2/17 8:18 pm Dwyane Wade has left the Heat’s game against the Nets with a strained left calf and is done for the evening.
The incident occurred with 4:30 left in the first quarter, when Wade grabbed an uncontested rebound and started to lead the break up court, only to pull up in pain. He quickly left the game, hopping on one foot, and went back to the Heat locker room for further evaluation.
Wade will not return to the game against the Nets, however no further details are available yet on how serious this injury is (it did not look serious when it occurred). He will be evaluated again tomorrow.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 10
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14