Feb 18, 2010, 7:33 PM EDT
UPDATE 2/18 7:32 pm: Good news for the Heat — Wade’s calf is officially just a strain, nothing serious. That said, it is still bothering him and he is listed as day-to-day and may miss several games.
2/18 9:10 am This could be worse than first thought. Wade said after the game that he felt a “pop” before he aggravated the sore left calf that had been bothering him since before the All-Star Game. He will undergo a battery of tests today to determine the nature of the problem.
2/17 8:18 pm Dwyane Wade has left the Heat’s game against the Nets with a strained left calf and is done for the evening.
The incident occurred with 4:30 left in the first quarter, when Wade grabbed an uncontested rebound and started to lead the break up court, only to pull up in pain. He quickly left the game, hopping on one foot, and went back to the Heat locker room for further evaluation.
Wade will not return to the game against the Nets, however no further details are available yet on how serious this injury is (it did not look serious when it occurred). He will be evaluated again tomorrow.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 39
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4