Feb 18, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
From a basketball perspective, Troy Murphy is a guy in demand. Everyone loves them some stretch fours these days.
But he is also a guy owed $12 million next year, and in this economy that matters more. Despite him being shopped around and his name coming up for deals all over the NBA and twitter, Troy Murphy will remain a Pacer at the trade deadline.
Sacramento and Milwaukee had expressed interest, but in the end the biggest rumor was Cleveland. Turns out, Murphy was just leverage to get a better version of himself in Jamison to go to the Cavaliers.
So nothing changes. Murphy will go right along dropping 14 and 10 a night in Canseco Field House, and this summer the Pacers will return to trying to find a taker for him.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27