Feb 18, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
From a basketball perspective, Troy Murphy is a guy in demand. Everyone loves them some stretch fours these days.
But he is also a guy owed $12 million next year, and in this economy that matters more. Despite him being shopped around and his name coming up for deals all over the NBA and twitter, Troy Murphy will remain a Pacer at the trade deadline.
Sacramento and Milwaukee had expressed interest, but in the end the biggest rumor was Cleveland. Turns out, Murphy was just leverage to get a better version of himself in Jamison to go to the Cavaliers.
So nothing changes. Murphy will go right along dropping 14 and 10 a night in Canseco Field House, and this summer the Pacers will return to trying to find a taker for him.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18