Feb 18, 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
From a basketball perspective, Troy Murphy is a guy in demand. Everyone loves them some stretch fours these days.
But he is also a guy owed $12 million next year, and in this economy that matters more. Despite him being shopped around and his name coming up for deals all over the NBA and twitter, Troy Murphy will remain a Pacer at the trade deadline.
Sacramento and Milwaukee had expressed interest, but in the end the biggest rumor was Cleveland. Turns out, Murphy was just leverage to get a better version of himself in Jamison to go to the Cavaliers.
So nothing changes. Murphy will go right along dropping 14 and 10 a night in Canseco Field House, and this summer the Pacers will return to trying to find a taker for him.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8