Feb 18, 2010, 2:34 PM EST
From a basketball perspective, Troy Murphy is a guy in demand. Everyone loves them some stretch fours these days.
But he is also a guy owed $12 million next year, and in this economy that matters more. Despite him being shopped around and his name coming up for deals all over the NBA and twitter, Troy Murphy will remain a Pacer at the trade deadline.
Sacramento and Milwaukee had expressed interest, but in the end the biggest rumor was Cleveland. Turns out, Murphy was just leverage to get a better version of himself in Jamison to go to the Cavaliers.
So nothing changes. Murphy will go right along dropping 14 and 10 a night in Canseco Field House, and this summer the Pacers will return to trying to find a taker for him.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 3
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10