Feb 18, 2010, 2:34 PM EST
From a basketball perspective, Troy Murphy is a guy in demand. Everyone loves them some stretch fours these days.
But he is also a guy owed $12 million next year, and in this economy that matters more. Despite him being shopped around and his name coming up for deals all over the NBA and twitter, Troy Murphy will remain a Pacer at the trade deadline.
Sacramento and Milwaukee had expressed interest, but in the end the biggest rumor was Cleveland. Turns out, Murphy was just leverage to get a better version of himself in Jamison to go to the Cavaliers.
So nothing changes. Murphy will go right along dropping 14 and 10 a night in Canseco Field House, and this summer the Pacers will return to trying to find a taker for him.
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 10
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5