Feb 18, 2010, 2:04 PM EST
2/18 2:06 pm: The details of this trade seem to finally be finalized. According to Hahn, the deal is Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry to Boston for Eddie House, JR Giddens and Bill Walker. There are no picks involved. The Knicks will waive just acquired Brian Cardinal to make room.
With this, the Knicks have about $32 million in cap space this summer.
“D’Antoni wants House, and (Boston) really wants Nate, so everyone is motivated here,” one source told Y! Sports.
The details of the deal are Eddie House heading to New York for the remainder of this year, plus a second round pick and another player from the end of the bench, for Robinson (that has yet to be finalized and the Celtics may have to throw in a scrub as well, however). The trade is not a surprise, and while the Lakers may have dipped their toes in the water, Robinson was basically always bound for the Celtics.
For Boston, it means they get a backup point guard behind Rajon Rondo — a spot that was a need. Whether Robinson will be a good fit with the defense-first system in Boston remains to be seen, and his shot selection will drive the Celtics faithful nuts, but he can create his own shot far better than House and he will score for Boston, and they need that. However, don’t underestimate the loss of Eddie House and his ability to hit threes under pressure, his smooth stroke could be missed in the playoffs.. (Robinson’s outside shot is far less consistent.)
For the Knicks, they get a better outside shooter in the short term (picture house spotting up on the break), but it is really about saving money. However it is a meaningless deal in the money sense if the trade with Houston for Tracy McGrady for Jared Jeffries, whose salary hangs over the Knicks for next season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18