Feb 18, 2010, 3:10 AM EST
Update 2/18 3:11 am The Knicks will waive Brian Cardinal as soon as this trade is finalized, making way for more moves as part of a three-team trade to get Tracy McGrady.
2/176:19 pm Darko Milicic, the former number two overall pick (ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh) has just been traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Brian Cardinal.
Who? Brian Cardinal. A guy who has not been able to get off the end of the bench for the Timberwolves, playing in just 27 games.
That is better than Milicic, who has not been able to get off the end of Mike D’Antoni’s bench in New York and has appeared in just eight games. Now, at least the Knicks will save $1.8 million.
Meanwhile, Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has gotten a center who has already said at the end of the season he wants to return to Europe and play.
Next year the Timberwolves could have the best pick and roll tandem in Europe with Ricky Rubio, the Wolves draft pick from last year playing for Barcelona, and Milicic. That should do them a lot of good.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30