Feb 18, 2010, 3:10 AM EST
Update 2/18 3:11 am The Knicks will waive Brian Cardinal as soon as this trade is finalized, making way for more moves as part of a three-team trade to get Tracy McGrady.
2/176:19 pm Darko Milicic, the former number two overall pick (ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh) has just been traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Brian Cardinal.
Who? Brian Cardinal. A guy who has not been able to get off the end of the bench for the Timberwolves, playing in just 27 games.
That is better than Milicic, who has not been able to get off the end of Mike D’Antoni’s bench in New York and has appeared in just eight games. Now, at least the Knicks will save $1.8 million.
Meanwhile, Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has gotten a center who has already said at the end of the season he wants to return to Europe and play.
Next year the Timberwolves could have the best pick and roll tandem in Europe with Ricky Rubio, the Wolves draft pick from last year playing for Barcelona, and Milicic. That should do them a lot of good.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9