Feb 18, 2010, 3:10 AM EST
Update 2/18 3:11 am The Knicks will waive Brian Cardinal as soon as this trade is finalized, making way for more moves as part of a three-team trade to get Tracy McGrady.
2/176:19 pm Darko Milicic, the former number two overall pick (ahead of Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh) has just been traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Brian Cardinal.
Who? Brian Cardinal. A guy who has not been able to get off the end of the bench for the Timberwolves, playing in just 27 games.
That is better than Milicic, who has not been able to get off the end of Mike D’Antoni’s bench in New York and has appeared in just eight games. Now, at least the Knicks will save $1.8 million.
Meanwhile, Timberwolves general manager David Kahn has gotten a center who has already said at the end of the season he wants to return to Europe and play.
Next year the Timberwolves could have the best pick and roll tandem in Europe with Ricky Rubio, the Wolves draft pick from last year playing for Barcelona, and Milicic. That should do them a lot of good.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 12
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 6
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (50)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)