Feb 18, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
The Milwaukee Bucks fell in love with Jodie Meeks as a shooting guard project back in workouts well before the last draft. The Kentucky product was still learning to shoot at the NBA level, but the Bucks liked his potential.
But that potential now belongs to the Sixers. The two teams have worked out a trade that sends Meeks and Francisco Elson to the Philadelphia 76ers for Primoz Brezec, Royal Ivey and a second-round draft pick. This is one of the minor deals from trade day.
The Bucks picked up John Salmons yesterday, who is a better two guard than Meeks, so they were looking to thin out the ranks. Ivey and Brezec will get a look as backups (Ivey does not impact Luke Ridnour’s minutes), but will not likely have a big impact. The pick is what makes the deal — at its core this is Meeks for a second rounder. The Sixers get a young project, which is what you should get if you are rebuilding.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10