Feb 18, 2010, 2:36 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:03PM: Chad Ford reporting the deal broke down, no go. Guess Augustine will have to continue the rest of the season with that startling vote of confidence.
UPDATE 1:43PM: The deal is close but not yet done, and includes Nazr Mohammed and Gerald Henderson going to Indiana, and Brandon Rush going to Charlotte. The Bobcats are putting a lot of eggs in their recently acquired Tyrus Thomas basket if this goes down.
ORIGINAL:At Summer League in 2008, D.J. Augustin was a young rookie at his first Summer League as a Charlotte Bobcat in Las Vegas. I caught up with him and asked him if he had any concerns about playing for Larry Brown, a man occasionally referred to in the same tones you’d hear someone speak about a prison guard, a malicious judge, or the Terminator when it comes to rookie point guards.
Augustin just laughed it off and said he looked forward to it, that he could learn a lot from Brown and he looked forward to playing for him.
Yeah. About that.
Woj from Yahoo! (again) is reporting that the Bobcats and Pacers have entered into late talks about a T.J. Ford for Augustine swap.
Augustin has shown flashes, but Brown obviously wants a veteran guard to go alongside Raymond Felton, and has been looking to move him for months.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record