Feb 18, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
We told you earlier that the Bucks and Bulls had worked out a trade to send John Salmons to Milwaukee for Francisco Elson and Kurt Thomas, then let you know the Bulls were in flux about whether it would be Thomas or Hakim Warrick. Now we’re here to tell you that the Bulls flip-flopped this thing completely.
The trade is now John Salmons to Milwaukee for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander.
The Bulls still get the expring cap space, almost the exact same amount, with the totals for Warrick-Alexander reaching $5.5 million versus Salmons $6.4. Most important is the Bulls rid themselves of Salmons’ option for 2010-2011, putting them in prime position for this summer’s free agency auction, and that’s before a potential Tracy McGrady move.
Alexander is currently on assignment with the D-League.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41