Feb 18, 2010, 10:53 AM EDT
We told you earlier that the Bucks and Bulls had worked out a trade to send John Salmons to Milwaukee for Francisco Elson and Kurt Thomas, then let you know the Bulls were in flux about whether it would be Thomas or Hakim Warrick. Now we’re here to tell you that the Bulls flip-flopped this thing completely.
The trade is now John Salmons to Milwaukee for Hakim Warrick and Joe Alexander.
The Bulls still get the expring cap space, almost the exact same amount, with the totals for Warrick-Alexander reaching $5.5 million versus Salmons $6.4. Most important is the Bulls rid themselves of Salmons’ option for 2010-2011, putting them in prime position for this summer’s free agency auction, and that’s before a potential Tracy McGrady move.
Alexander is currently on assignment with the D-League.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 32
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record