Feb 18, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
The New Jersey Nets will become the Brooklyn (INSERT BRANDING HERE) in 2012. But until then, they need somewhere else to play, as the IZOD center is widely referred to as “a dump.”
So they’re headed to Newark, to play at the Prudential Center. Some of the advantages of the move are as follows:
- Closer to the train to allow easier access from The City via public transportation.
- Nicer arena, which could be used to lure free agents prior to the move to Brooklyn.
- Shaquille O’Neal once wrote a song about Newark.
- It’s not the IZOD Center.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30