Feb 18, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The New Jersey Nets will become the Brooklyn (INSERT BRANDING HERE) in 2012. But until then, they need somewhere else to play, as the IZOD center is widely referred to as “a dump.”
So they’re headed to Newark, to play at the Prudential Center. Some of the advantages of the move are as follows:
- Closer to the train to allow easier access from The City via public transportation.
- Nicer arena, which could be used to lure free agents prior to the move to Brooklyn.
- Shaquille O’Neal once wrote a song about Newark.
- It’s not the IZOD Center.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16