Feb 18, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The New Jersey Nets will become the Brooklyn (INSERT BRANDING HERE) in 2012. But until then, they need somewhere else to play, as the IZOD center is widely referred to as “a dump.”
So they’re headed to Newark, to play at the Prudential Center. Some of the advantages of the move are as follows:
- Closer to the train to allow easier access from The City via public transportation.
- Nicer arena, which could be used to lure free agents prior to the move to Brooklyn.
- Shaquille O’Neal once wrote a song about Newark.
- It’s not the IZOD Center.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 8
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 36
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10