Feb 18, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
The New Jersey Nets will become the Brooklyn (INSERT BRANDING HERE) in 2012. But until then, they need somewhere else to play, as the IZOD center is widely referred to as “a dump.”
So they’re headed to Newark, to play at the Prudential Center. Some of the advantages of the move are as follows:
- Closer to the train to allow easier access from The City via public transportation.
- Nicer arena, which could be used to lure free agents prior to the move to Brooklyn.
- Shaquille O’Neal once wrote a song about Newark.
- It’s not the IZOD Center.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 13
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10