Feb 18, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Update 3:24 pm The Lakers made it official after the deadline passed, they did not make a trade. Lakers fans, good news — Sasha is still your whipping boy. The deal would have been Vujacic and forward Josh Powell for Banks and Patrick O’Bryant.
Why? Toronto pushed the deal because Powell and Chris Bosh are good friends, and the Raptors want to keep Bosh this summer.
ORIGINAL: Right before the deadline, reports surfaced that the Lakers may have found a taker for the contract of Sasha Vujacic, the guard out of favor with the team but owed $5.5 million next year — the Toronto Raptors. Allegedly point guard Marcus Banks would come to Los Angeles.
Banks is owed $4.7 million next year. Last second deals like this rarely happen, but we will follow and update.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 2
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 17
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 16