Feb 18, 2010, 3:24 PM EST
Update 3:24 pm The Lakers made it official after the deadline passed, they did not make a trade. Lakers fans, good news — Sasha is still your whipping boy. The deal would have been Vujacic and forward Josh Powell for Banks and Patrick O’Bryant.
Why? Toronto pushed the deal because Powell and Chris Bosh are good friends, and the Raptors want to keep Bosh this summer.
ORIGINAL: Right before the deadline, reports surfaced that the Lakers may have found a taker for the contract of Sasha Vujacic, the guard out of favor with the team but owed $5.5 million next year — the Toronto Raptors. Allegedly point guard Marcus Banks would come to Los Angeles.
Banks is owed $4.7 million next year. Last second deals like this rarely happen, but we will follow and update.
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 1
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 4
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 20
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8