Feb 18, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Update 3:24 pm The Lakers made it official after the deadline passed, they did not make a trade. Lakers fans, good news — Sasha is still your whipping boy. The deal would have been Vujacic and forward Josh Powell for Banks and Patrick O’Bryant.
Why? Toronto pushed the deal because Powell and Chris Bosh are good friends, and the Raptors want to keep Bosh this summer.
ORIGINAL: Right before the deadline, reports surfaced that the Lakers may have found a taker for the contract of Sasha Vujacic, the guard out of favor with the team but owed $5.5 million next year — the Toronto Raptors. Allegedly point guard Marcus Banks would come to Los Angeles.
Banks is owed $4.7 million next year. Last second deals like this rarely happen, but we will follow and update.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4