Feb 18, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Update 3:24 pm The Lakers made it official after the deadline passed, they did not make a trade. Lakers fans, good news — Sasha is still your whipping boy. The deal would have been Vujacic and forward Josh Powell for Banks and Patrick O’Bryant.
Why? Toronto pushed the deal because Powell and Chris Bosh are good friends, and the Raptors want to keep Bosh this summer.
ORIGINAL: Right before the deadline, reports surfaced that the Lakers may have found a taker for the contract of Sasha Vujacic, the guard out of favor with the team but owed $5.5 million next year — the Toronto Raptors. Allegedly point guard Marcus Banks would come to Los Angeles.
Banks is owed $4.7 million next year. Last second deals like this rarely happen, but we will follow and update.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7