Feb 18, 2010, 3:24 PM EDT
Update 3:24 pm The Lakers made it official after the deadline passed, they did not make a trade. Lakers fans, good news — Sasha is still your whipping boy. The deal would have been Vujacic and forward Josh Powell for Banks and Patrick O’Bryant.
Why? Toronto pushed the deal because Powell and Chris Bosh are good friends, and the Raptors want to keep Bosh this summer.
ORIGINAL: Right before the deadline, reports surfaced that the Lakers may have found a taker for the contract of Sasha Vujacic, the guard out of favor with the team but owed $5.5 million next year — the Toronto Raptors. Allegedly point guard Marcus Banks would come to Los Angeles.
Banks is owed $4.7 million next year. Last second deals like this rarely happen, but we will follow and update.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 0
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13