Feb 18, 2010, 10:43 AM EST
I’m sure TNT would have been thrilled to find Antawn Jamison’s first post-trade game with the Cavs came on their doubleheader with tonight’s game against Denver in Cleveland, but it looks like that won’t be the case.
Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst, or, the Legendary Brian Windhorst, is reporting that Jamison will likely be unavailable for tonight’s game due to all six of the players involved having to clear physicals. That would mean Jamison would get his first start Friday night against Charlotte.
The extra day will likely be a good thing for the Cavs, who likely need to get Jamison acclimated on both sides of the ball and working with LeBron on the pick and roll, as well as learning that he now has man-help on the weakside, as opposed to hoping to the Gods that someone from the Wizards decides to come over. Starting out against Boris Diaw should give the Cavs a good look at Jamison’s versatility at both ends of the floor.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9