Feb 18, 2010, 10:43 AM EDT
I’m sure TNT would have been thrilled to find Antawn Jamison’s first post-trade game with the Cavs came on their doubleheader with tonight’s game against Denver in Cleveland, but it looks like that won’t be the case.
Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst, or, the Legendary Brian Windhorst, is reporting that Jamison will likely be unavailable for tonight’s game due to all six of the players involved having to clear physicals. That would mean Jamison would get his first start Friday night against Charlotte.
The extra day will likely be a good thing for the Cavs, who likely need to get Jamison acclimated on both sides of the ball and working with LeBron on the pick and roll, as well as learning that he now has man-help on the weakside, as opposed to hoping to the Gods that someone from the Wizards decides to come over. Starting out against Boris Diaw should give the Cavs a good look at Jamison’s versatility at both ends of the floor.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 7
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 30
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18