Feb 18, 2010, 10:43 AM EST
I’m sure TNT would have been thrilled to find Antawn Jamison’s first post-trade game with the Cavs came on their doubleheader with tonight’s game against Denver in Cleveland, but it looks like that won’t be the case.
Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst, or, the Legendary Brian Windhorst, is reporting that Jamison will likely be unavailable for tonight’s game due to all six of the players involved having to clear physicals. That would mean Jamison would get his first start Friday night against Charlotte.
The extra day will likely be a good thing for the Cavs, who likely need to get Jamison acclimated on both sides of the ball and working with LeBron on the pick and roll, as well as learning that he now has man-help on the weakside, as opposed to hoping to the Gods that someone from the Wizards decides to come over. Starting out against Boris Diaw should give the Cavs a good look at Jamison’s versatility at both ends of the floor.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 0
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43