Feb 18, 2010, 10:43 AM EST
I’m sure TNT would have been thrilled to find Antawn Jamison’s first post-trade game with the Cavs came on their doubleheader with tonight’s game against Denver in Cleveland, but it looks like that won’t be the case.
Cavs beat writer Brian Windhorst, or, the Legendary Brian Windhorst, is reporting that Jamison will likely be unavailable for tonight’s game due to all six of the players involved having to clear physicals. That would mean Jamison would get his first start Friday night against Charlotte.
The extra day will likely be a good thing for the Cavs, who likely need to get Jamison acclimated on both sides of the ball and working with LeBron on the pick and roll, as well as learning that he now has man-help on the weakside, as opposed to hoping to the Gods that someone from the Wizards decides to come over. Starting out against Boris Diaw should give the Cavs a good look at Jamison’s versatility at both ends of the floor.
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 0
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 3
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9