Feb 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Spurs have traded Theo Ratliff to the Charlotte Bobcats. It is unclear what the Bobcats will be sending to the Spurs in exchange. Ratliff was once one of the league’s most fearsome defenders of the paint, but has slowed down at 36. Ratliff is only averaging 9 minutes a game for the Spurs when he does play, and has often been a DNP-CD. He’s still an effective shot-blocker, averaging .9 blocks per game in those 9 minutes. Jeff Green doesn’t average that many blocks, and he averages 33 minutes per game.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 37
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14