Feb 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Spurs have traded Theo Ratliff to the Charlotte Bobcats. It is unclear what the Bobcats will be sending to the Spurs in exchange. Ratliff was once one of the league’s most fearsome defenders of the paint, but has slowed down at 36. Ratliff is only averaging 9 minutes a game for the Spurs when he does play, and has often been a DNP-CD. He’s still an effective shot-blocker, averaging .9 blocks per game in those 9 minutes. Jeff Green doesn’t average that many blocks, and he averages 33 minutes per game.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 30
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 18