Feb 17, 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
ESPN is reporting that Grizzlies have put point guard Mike Conley on the block, with an asking price of cap space and a good first round pick.
To bring the kind of hard hitting analysis you’ve come to expect from Pro Basketball Talk into terms that anyone can understand, here are a few comparable exchanges you may experience in your life.
You know that office chair that wasn’t put together right the first time, and every time someone sits on it, it makes a weird noise and the person feels like they’ve developed a severe case of scoliosis for the rest of the day? This would be like saying your friend can have that chair if they give you their new couch.
It would be like trading the lousy banana-flavored, previously opened, value-brand pop-sickle in the back of the fridge and asking for creme broule in return.
It’s basically asking for antibodies in return for a venereal disease.
Conley started the year moderately hot, his deficiencies overshadowed by solid ball movement and the success of his teammates, combined with a legitimately improved perimeter shot. But the problem is that while his shot has improved, he still has major problems in the following areas: dribbling, passing, playmaking, offense management.
And all of those things are kind of important for playing point guard in the NBA.
Needless to say, the Grizzlies are not expected to complete a deal before the deadline. The Grizzlies are said to be in discussions with the Spurs regarding disgruntled guard Roger Mason Jr..
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 0
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 53
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3