Feb 17, 2010, 4:38 PM EST
ESPN is reporting that Grizzlies have put point guard Mike Conley on the block, with an asking price of cap space and a good first round pick.
To bring the kind of hard hitting analysis you’ve come to expect from Pro Basketball Talk into terms that anyone can understand, here are a few comparable exchanges you may experience in your life.
You know that office chair that wasn’t put together right the first time, and every time someone sits on it, it makes a weird noise and the person feels like they’ve developed a severe case of scoliosis for the rest of the day? This would be like saying your friend can have that chair if they give you their new couch.
It would be like trading the lousy banana-flavored, previously opened, value-brand pop-sickle in the back of the fridge and asking for creme broule in return.
It’s basically asking for antibodies in return for a venereal disease.
Conley started the year moderately hot, his deficiencies overshadowed by solid ball movement and the success of his teammates, combined with a legitimately improved perimeter shot. But the problem is that while his shot has improved, he still has major problems in the following areas: dribbling, passing, playmaking, offense management.
And all of those things are kind of important for playing point guard in the NBA.
Needless to say, the Grizzlies are not expected to complete a deal before the deadline. The Grizzlies are said to be in discussions with the Spurs regarding disgruntled guard Roger Mason Jr..
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28